Community post

Discussion

Breastfeeding and trying to conceive...

My husband and I recently decided to try for another, hopefully a baby girl, we have two sons. I just had my implanon taken out about a month ago and I am exclusively breast feeding our 9 month old... has anyone had difficulties getting pregnant while breast feeding, how long did it take, and did your milk supply decrease drastically?

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi Swaldorf91!

We've been kind of trying the last few months. I am still nursing my 14 month old and this is our first month that I've really paid close attention to timing and ovulating.

Today I am 9 dpo so I'll test in a few days for bfp. I'm also over 40 so it might not be easy for us.

I also have 2 boys. A girl would be awesome!! I've heard to start your "trying earlier prior to ovulaiton since sperm carrying the female gene swim slower, but live longer. The male sperm swim quick so you want to give those girls a chance to hit that egg first. haha! You never know though!

I don't really know about how/if milk production will change, I've read different experiences.

Good luck to you! And good for you for still nursing. I'm wondering if our breasts will get tender if we do concieve, since we are already producing milk instead of preparing to.

I guess our bodies are all different so just like symtoms and every pregnancy... you really never know what will happen this time.

Do you know how many days you are post ovulation?

9 years ago

We've been ttc for 8 mths or so. I've also been breastfeeding my daughter. She's almost 3 and we just weaned her about a month ago. Not sure if breastfeeding completely affects conception or not. Heard of a lot of women who have no problems while bf and ones that do. Crazy. Guess every woman is different. This is our first month ttc without any breastfeeding so we'll see... :)

9 years ago

Bfing my almost 2 yrold 4 or 5 times a day still, AF started about 8 months ago or so and been TTC for about 6 months... I'm on day 1 of my 2ww so we'll see. With my daughter we got pregnant right away, a week and a half after our honeymoon I found out I was pregnant so I'm not used to this...

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo