Community post

Discussion

Holding on to hope

I everyone. Based on my LMP I'm 7 weeks 3 days in my first pregnancy. I had an US last week due to some spotting that measured a week earlier than expected. Was told not to worry and scheduled a repeat for yesterday. Yesterdays US only showed 3 days worth of growth instead of 7 and while there was a heartbeat, it was only in the 70s-80s. I was told that there was still hope, but potentially it was an impending miscarriage and that a heart rate that low had a very low prognosis. I have another US scheduled for next Thursday. No bleeding or cramping currently, but I feel like I'm waiting for the inevitable. Does anyone have any advice either on ways to deal with the waiting or anything that I should be doing?

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I'm afraid there isn't much in what you can do. If it's going to be a miscarriage then you sadly can't stop it from happening :( as far as not driving yourself mad until the next ultrasound just try to keep positive thoughts with you even though I totally understand that is easier said than done. If you are into it prayers help to make you "feel" like you are doing what you can. I'm sorry you are in this position :( I'll sending positive prayers your way that things will turn around :) best of luck to you!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo