Community post

Discussion

4-5 DPO Charlie Horses in the Middle of the Night!!

Hi Ladies!

Last night (or about an hour before I had to wake up for work this morning) I woke up to three different, intense, charlie horses in my calves. One in the left, two in the right. They were excruciating!!

With my CP in January 2015, I remember having these... I was wondering, has anyone else ever experienced this and gone on to a BFP and then a HH9M? Still TTC #1 (took some time after our first loss).

I know all about low potassium, and dehydration being some possible culprits... but I drink a lot of water every day, and low potassium is questionable since I eat a ton of spinach and other potassium rich foods on a daily basis.

I've read around the internet that other women have had charlie horses in their tww and gone on to BFPs.. So I guess I was just curious if anyone else experiencing this too? Or if any other Mommas' out there remember this from their previous, successful, tww's?

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Yes! That has been one one my first syptoms. I have 2 kiddos and had terrible leg cramps with both of them!

7 years ago

Thank you for your reply, Abeffer!!

Once again, when I started to stir this morning I could feel the charlie horses starting to knot up. This time I went into a stretch immediately and sort of staved them off before they went full force on me.

Today I am 5/6DPO (I think 5dpo) and I'm so excited... I'm hoping our first baby is finally on his/her way!!!

Thank You <3

7 years ago • Post starter

Hello dear did you get your bfp. I had very bad Charlie horses aswell. I have had loads of symptoms and am now 17 dpo and got bfn 14 dpo but still no af.

7 years ago

Did u get a bfp?. I recently had a really bad one in my right thigh around 1am. I was 5dpo I'm now 10dpon. I've also been having mild cramping at 8dpo and then it stopped.

6 years ago

Hi! I'd love to know too, as I didn't equate this at a pregnancy symptom, but I woke up a few nights ago with a charlie horse in both calves! I've never experienced that before!

6 years ago

I just did some googling, and 'charlie horses' seem to be a pregnancy symptom and I read in one article that they can be caused by low calcium in early pregnancy.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo