Community post

Discussion

Temping... what's that all about?

I've never taken my temp before. I'm on day CD3 should I be temping already?

I know dips and ups mean something, but not sure what... I could google, but there are answers all across the board.

Do I temp during AF, do I temp after? I know first thing in AM is best.

Any help would be appreciated!

User Image

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

You temp all cycle. Even during AF. Temps must be resting. Take them first thing in the morning before you even move. Just keep the thermometer at your bed side. You can take temps orally or vaginally, just be consistent. BBT should be low (in the 96's) before ovulation. After OV they will rise to upper (97's or 98's) until just before AF, then they drop again. Implantation can cause a temporary (usually 1 day) drop and happens 6 to 9 DPO.

There's lots of literature. If you're new to this and to TTC in general then you might want to do a little reading.

Good luck and baby dust.

8 years ago

Thank you! There is so much stuff to read out there. Plus, it's google... so grain of salt and all. I'll look into it, thanks!

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Get the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"... It's like the bible of temping and FAM. Good luck!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo