Community post

Discussion

Period late but got a negative!

So as the title states my AF was due yesterday, so I'm currently on CD 29 with 26-27 day cycles. I'm pretty sure I O'd around CD 13 based on past cycles and cm, and I started having progesterone fueled symptoms on CD 14 or 15. I've started temping for the first time this cycle, but haven't been very consistent in terms of time, so my temps are all over the place and my chart is inconclusive. Here's the chart anyway: www.fertilityfriend.com/home/327958 .

I've never been late since I started keeping track of my cycles so I was pretty excited this morning when AF still hadn't arrived. Around 7:15 am, I took a First Signal and internet test strip with second morning urine and both were BFN. I didn't use FMU because I had to wake up at 4 am to pee. But at a day late, wouldn't I be able to get a positive at any time of day?

I'm having a few symptoms that I don't usually have, but most can also be blamed on progesterone (e.g. really sore boobs). The only ones I have that I can't constant metallic taste in my mouth (started yesterday afternoon) and strong sense of smell.

If AF doesn't come today should I try to retest tomorrow with a FRER and FMU? Or do you guys think it's pretty unlikely that I'm pregnant at this point?

EDIT: Also, if I were having an anovulatory cycle, would I still have such strong progesterone based symptoms?

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I am going through the same exact thing , today I'm 17DPO I tested at 14 DPO (day of expected AF) got a BFN I relaxed and thought aF was going to come because of how I was feeling. (Gassy and I had back pain ) I also took a test today and I saw a clear bfn after like a minute so I put it aside I didn't wait the full 3 minutes but I got it back because I don't understand what's going on.I've never been late .I've been doing research and maybe we are getting bfn because we aren't as far along as we think ..I hope you conceived ..please let me know if you did get that BFP .I'm testing again Thursday

7 years ago

Hi Ashlee! Unfortunately my period did come BUT I honestly think I had a chemical pregnancy and my HCG never got high enough to get a BFP. It took 10 days AFTER my period started for my symptoms to finally go away, so I'm fairly certain that's what happened to me because I know I didn't ovulate late. I'm on 1dpo of my next cycle so hoping to get a BFP this time around :)

I really hope that you get your BFP because when my period was late I read a ton of posts online of people who didn't get a BFP until they were a week late. They temped or did opks so they knew they didn't ovulate late, just had slow rising HCG! Best of luck to you!

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo