Community post

Discussion

So nervous - please help

I had my period September 2-5 and had sex on the 13th. When he pulled out I noticed his ejaculate wasn't entirely contained in the condom and some was around the base of his penis. I didn't think a whole lot of it, but since Monday (the 14th) I have been experiencing mild abdominal pressure. I feel it more when I lay down and I feel light pain when I press on the area below my belly button. I have also experienced firmer stools than usual. No other clear symptoms - no bleeding/breast tenderness/fatigue (though I did go to bed way earlier than normal on Monday), and I think I'm peeing a little bit more than usual but not excessively so. Could this be an early sign of pregnancy, or is it likely just a digestive issue? Is it possible to feel symptoms so early after intercourse? I've never been pregnant before if that makes a difference. I'm really worried...

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Relax hun! Even if you ovulated right around that time, it would be too early to have any pregnancy symptoms - what you're feeling could be ovulation/pms symptoms, a tummy upset, or the stress of worrying about being pregnant, but it can't be from pregnancy. After ovulation the egg has 12-24 hours, tops, in which to be fertilized. After that it takes a minimum of 5-6 days for the fertilized egg to travel down the fallopian tube to implant in the uterus. Once the fertilized egg begins to implant your body starts producing hcg (the pregnancy hormone), which is what causes early pregnancy symptoms - but your body won't make enough hcg to even be detectable for at least a day after implantation, and it will take a minimum of several days fo enough hcg to build up to cause pregnancy symptoms.

Unfortunately that doesn't rule out pregnancy either - you'll have to wait for your period to show up to be sure. Fingers crossed for you to get the outcome you want!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo