Community post

Discussion

late introduction and sharing some worries.

i have been around a little while, i guess i havent fully introduced myself. ive always just posted and asked a question and i suppose thats not very fair of me.

anyways, i am married to a wonderful and unique man who definitely keeps me on my toes and also the mom to feathered and furry babies as well. i am 23 years old and come from canada.

im nervous about the community here as ive seen some NASTY TTC and pregnancy forums... but ive been around here for several months and it doesnt have that vibe, so hoping thats true.

i LOVE all the information this site has.

im currently pregnant, and the OB appointment is on monday...

this isnt my first pregnancy, but it will be our first child. ive had one chemical pregnancy and then a missed miscarriage at 7 weeks right after, diagnosed at 10 weeks.

im currently 6 weeks along according to the first day of my last period. im really excited, but also really nervous.

for others who have had miscarriages and got pregnant again, how did you get over the jitters and nerves? im really worried for the ultrasounds and such because the first ultrasounds i had last time were not good news like one would expect their first ultrasounds to be. im just a bit worried about a repeat.

im trying to keep calm, and trying to enjoy the pregnancy, but i do find it a bit tainted by the previous loss, which i know is normal.

im just a little nervous for my upcoming appointment. likely will be bloodwork and what not, then setting up an ultrasound apt. not sure... but still i cant help but feel butterflies in my stomach (not helpful for the nausea lol)

anyways, hope i can get to know everyone a little bit and hoping everyone the best of luck with their pregnancies and trying to conceive :)

User Image missing my little nub who was lost in March 2014.

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hello and welcome,

I've had three miscarriages and no baby as of yet. The way that I have been dealing with the ultrasound appointments is that I go in there telling myself that it is going to be bad (but secretly hoping that I am wrong). I figure if I go in expecting bad news that it won't hurt as much.

During my third pregnancy I saw a heart beat during the ultrasound and the pre-ultrasound psych-out did make it better.

Ask your gyno/ob r to get a dating ultrasound. It's usually around 6 wks.

The other thing I found out (only after having three miscarriages) is that baby aspirin and progesterone might help you keep a viable pregnancy. Talk to your doctor. It can't hurt to try right.

I wish you all the best of luck!

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo