Community post

Discussion

i am well confused even my doctor was confused!!

I am so confused. me and partner been trying to conceive since december. we started taking the wellman/wellwoman pregncare couple tablets and i found out last friday that i was/am pregnant. anyway monday i started bleeding it was running down the toilet when i was peeing. i started crying phoned early pregnancy unit and they told me to phone the doctors i went down the doctors and the doctor said it could go both ways either id miscarry or id go on to have a healthy pregnancy. i told her i did a test whilst bleeding and the test come back positive that day she said that was good news and the test would go negative after miscarriage and i didnt have clots. she worked out i was just under five weeks pregnant and couldnt be scanned. ive bleeding on and off and i think ive had clots im not to sure. ive had negative tests all week then last night i had a positive at this point the blood had stopped for a while. i did another one this morning and it was positive so i rang the doctor and seen a different doctor to monday and he was confused by the positive and negatives test but he said its definitly a positive. i got to wait for the scan at eight weeks which is in three weeks time. i have no idea what to think im so confused he said that im going to carry on as normal with the midwife appointments and go ahead as if everything is ok. im so confused what do i do. can any body help me please as im 21 and "pregnant" with my second child.

9 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Can you get a blood test and then another after 48 hours and see how your HCG is rising? It should be at least doubling and that will tell you if your pregnancy is progressing like it is supposed to. Good luck! Hope everything works out ok!

7 years ago

Thanks. I'm not sure the doctors didn't mention anything about blood work.my pregnancy tests are getting darker by the day so surely that means something.

7 years ago • Post starter

With my last bb i bleed early and my doc ordered a vaginal ultrasound to check on bub all was fine and the bleed was just breaktrough bleeding (leftover af from cycle beforr conceiving) if you still feel pregnant treat yourself like you are darling :) try to not exert yourself til your ultrasound also ask bout the vaginal ultrasound it goes inside you and feels weird but can be sone in early pregnancy if theres problems :) hope this helps xx babydust and gl xxx

7 years ago

Awh thank you. Ye that's the scan I got to have at eight weeks according to the doctor so whether the midwife will send me for one next week or what I don't know. But thank you x

Are you in the States? It's pretty common to get a beta done and see how your numbers are rising.

7 years ago

Thats ok :) i know its terrifying to see blood when it shouldn't be there!! Im following this post now so will check in to see how things go. All good and a beautiful pregnancy is what i will pray for you xxx

7 years ago

No I'm in Wales in the uk

Awh thank you so much. I've already got a beautiful daughter just want another beautiful baby with my partner. My blood group makes things harder by it being rhesus negative.

I have a friend who would get their period throughout the pregnancies she had all 3 and she would get it like a normal period once a month for almost a week.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo