Community post

Discussion

5 weeks pregnant with UTI...help!

I am 5 weeks 2 days and believe I have a UTI. I've had them before so I know what to look for and what they feel like. I DO NOT want to take any kind of medications my first trimester as I've had two miscarriages in the past. Are there any ways to cure it quickly without medications? Or if I absolutely have to get an antibiotic, are they safe for pregnancy? Has anyone else had this problem??

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Good old fashioned cranberry juice is what I would do. A lot of it for a day or so and lots of water. I'm 5 weeks 4 days and so far I haven't had one but thats what id do! GL :)

9 years ago

Some antibiotics are safe for pregnancy and I would definitely consider it. I know u would like to stay as drug-free as possible while pregnant, but u dont want that infection making it to ur kidneys. Id bypass the natural route and just take the antibiotics. To avoid further uti's, take cranberry pills every day.
Best of luck! =))

9 years ago

I agree with taking antibiotics. Like said above you don't want the infection to move toy our kidney;s causing greater problems. There are plenty pregnancy safe antibiotics. Let both your doctor and your pharmacist know that you are pregnant.

Cranberry juice is more a a preventative measure than a cure for uti's.

User Image

9 years ago

Thank you everyone! Hopefully my Dr will call me back tomorrow so I can see what he'd like for me to do! By no means do I want it getting worse and reaching the baby.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo