Community post

Discussion

TTC for 6 months

Hello, my husband and I have been ttc for 6 months now. My cycles are 27 days with me ovulating around the 13th day each cycle. I am 30 years old and my husband is 31. We are in good physical health. Each cycle, we try to dtd throughout the cycle but mainly dtd every other day after my period ends until ovulation day. We also dtd the the day before I ovulate, ovulation day, and the day after. I've tried using the ovulation kits but they have been inconsistent. I am feeling a bit discouraged as of late because a few of my friends have recently become pregnant on their first cycle trying. I don't chart my bbt because I routinely get up early in the am to use the restroom. I know that it is normal for couples to take a year to become pregnant but I am just feeling sad. Any tips or is anyone else in the same situation?

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

My husband and I have been trying for nine months now, so I know your pain.

Three months ago I found out I had hypothyroidism induced infertility, which has since been reversed (or so we believe), but if your cycles have been normal, with no abnormal menstrual symptoms, then I imagine you've just been getting unlucky.

If you take into account the fact that even with perfect timing we only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month, going five months without getting pregnant is still within the statistical average. Six isn't that much longer. My advice is to stick it out and try not to worry about it much.

My husband and I are now using the Clear Blue digital OPK's in conjunction with some analog ones from the BX brand, and so far we're finally getting some decently regular results. I'd suggest trying the same tactic and beginning testing on the same CD each month.

If you're really worried about it, you can get your hubby's sperm count. If he has a low sperm count, you might have to space out DTD days a bit more and just try to line them up better with ovulation days.

Best of luck to you! We think we've just had our second month in a row where I ovulated correctly, so here's to hoping for fairy dust for both of us this month!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo