Community post

Discussion

First

for many years I wanted to start a family. my biological clock started ticking before my boyfriends did. That was ok. I knew I just longed to be a mother and one day when we were BOTH ready we would be parents. We did all the steps. My now husband and I got engaged, married and bought a house. Finally the time to start our family was here. After the many years of waiting for the right TIME. Sure enough this March we tried. Keep in mind my husband and I have been together for nearly 6 years. NEVER USED BIRTH CONTROL or condoms. We used the Catholic Method. Only had sex when we were not in our "fertile window" and pulled out. So I figured it would take us a few rounds. Well it didn't and to my astonishment 2 weeks after "trying" a positive test was looking right at me. MY OWN POSITIVE!!
Things took a turn for the worse and my amazing body was giving me warning signs that something was not right. And sure enough it wasn't. Found out it was ectopic. I have zero risk factors. I don't have endo and ive never had an std. My doctor basically told me it was a fluke. To keep this shorter...my real question is why after 2 cycles now are we not pregnant again?? I don't understand how it can happen on the first try and then miss it two other times. I am looking for an honest answer. I am starting to get anxiety and take like 20 tests a month hoping to see a pos. Please tell me I am not the only woman out there.... :(

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Honestly, it can take the healthiest of women a year or longer. Its only a 20-25% chance each cycle, those odds decrease with age. Try not to stress it! I know what u mean with how fast it happened, but its not a guaranty that it'll always go that way. Even perfect conditions doesnt necessarily mean a bfp is coming ur way. IVF being a perfect condition, women still get bfn's and have to shell out more money to try again...it sucks but ya gotta stay positive and keep on tryin'!

My first born is a birth control baby. I missed no pills and took 'em faithfully every morning before work. Altho he was a surprise, he was what we call a planned surprise. We planned to start ttc after that cycle of pills. I didnt wanna quit mid cycle and mess anything up...my ovaries had another plan, apparently. Anyways, when we decided to have a second child, I figured it would happen in no time. After all, if I can get knocked up when Im not supposed to even ovulate, how hard can it be when I am supposed to?! Lmao...18 months, thats how hard. It sucked! The best advice I can offer, dont compare urself to anyone else or previous times for pregnancies etc, it only upsets u further. Also, dont symptom spot, it only gets ur hopes up which hurts much more if af shows. It'll happen, u've done it once and u'll do it again...be patient...worrying has never done anyone any good.

Best of luck! Chin up!! =))

9 years ago

Well said dakotagurrl. That was such a lovely response I can't really add anything. I'm sorry you had to go through that, the disappointment is brutal. Keep your chin up it will happen.

9 years ago

i had miscarriage 8 months ago and everyone was saying there are good chances for me to get pregnant very soon after miscarriage but i am still trying and i am exhausted.

9 years ago

thank you for the kind words. It means so much to me to see other women going through similar situations. I think joining this community was the best decision I've made. You realize you are not the only one out there, when at times you feel like it. Baby announcement after another between my family and friends, I am truly happy for them but I cant help to ask myself "when is it my turn?"

Baby Dust to All!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo