Community post

Discussion

BBT chart queation

Hi, so this is my first month charting and temping and I don't really know how to read my chart. I have been taking my temp every morning around 7-7:15 so should be accurate.
Anyway I'm cd24 and my cycles are usually around 25-26 so if I'm not pregnant I will be expecting af in the next couple days. Just wondering if I could be pregnant based on my chart even if I had a negative test this morning. Shouldn't my temp have dropped if my period is going to start tomorrow or the next day?

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Ur temp can drop the day of or even a day or so after af arrives. Where ur first charted temp sits is around where temps will fall to (prob a bit lower cuz u missed a few days), so u have a rough idea how much of a drop u can expect. With charting, it's not going to tell u if ur pregnant or not it's only used to confirm O, that's about it. Temps, once pregnant, can vary greatly, as hormones rise and fall.

Do u sleep with ur mouth open at all? Those temps that are really low, are abnormally low...like hypothermia low. Temps, esp basal temps, shouldn't drop like that, and when they do it's usually an issue with the thermometer or an outside cause like sleeping with ur mouth open or having a/c on when it normally isn't. Anything that cools the core more than usual, basically. Best advice, once u confirm O, ignore ur temps completely. They will only set ur hopes high...esp if they go triphasic.

Good luck! =))

8 years ago

Yes I know my temps are low. They always are. Even using an ear themometer. I will do vaginal temping next cycle to make sure but I generally run cool as you can see from my ' high' temps

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo