Discussion

How early is too early to test?

CD1 3/14
Sex 3/22
Sex 3/24
O 3/27 (CM)
Sex 3/27
Sex 3/27

I think i'm at 8 DPO, tested yesterday because of sore boobs, nausea and mood swings and it was BFN.

So did I test too early? When should I test again?

User Image

15 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Replies | Last Page

Hi. I tested at 8 and 9 dpo and both were negative. Didn't get my positive till today at 10 dp . Its a faint positive . So yes probably too early. Good luck!

8 years ago

Okay... so I did test too early? Should I test again today or just wait until Wednesday (day 10)?

I have a ton of tests from product reviewing so that's not an issue.

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

You tested early. Most people don't have implantation until 7-10DPO and it takes another 48-72hrs for your hcg to rise to the point of being detectable in a pg test. I'm 11DPO and still have negative but I know it's not over until the witch arrives. I would wait til 12DPO if you can stand to wait that long. Some women dont get their positive until almost 5-7days late

8 years ago

I'm antsy.... With my son he wasn't planned and I didn't test until 15 days late and was CLEARLY almost 6 weeks pregnant. Took 6 tests to confirm LOL....

This time with it being "planned" I guess I just want to know. I just don't want to upset my partner if it's not... Like I know the logistics of how it's too early, but it's hard to explain to him. :(

User Image

I think we all understand wanting to test! :) I did every day from 7 dpo lol if you have the test and can deal with maybe seeing a negative then go ahead you aren't out till AF shows!!

8 years ago

I just got my bfp today at 7dpo. Very very very faint. But done multiple tests and all had the same result. Good luck. X

8 years ago

Chelle91 - CONGRATS!!!

I took another test today and clearly negative. I feel crampy like flo is coming. It's okay, I'm not disappointed. Plus, tomorrow is 10 DPO so technically it could still be early....

Plus, it's not over till Flo shows up right? :)

User Image

you might want to wait until the day AF is supposed to come - their should be enough HGC to show Positive and then you wont have to keep getting a BFN that is actually a BFP.

Take your mind off of testing or have DH hide your tests (mine hides ours - because I was a POAS Psycho - like all the time - and it was extremely hard emotionally)

It will happen :) :) :) and remember every pregnancy is different - your symptoms might not match what happened last time.

TTC #4 User Image

8 years ago

Korenelm - I totally get that. Just wanted to know is all (don't we all!!) at this point i'm cramping so I'll just wait until little miss flo arrives in about 5 days if not sooner.

If she's not here on the morning of Sunday I will be testing again...

User Image

It is to early still so keep your hopes up... I am on the same boat as you right now today is my 7DPO and I am dying to know if we had been bless with a baby yet.... my husband's bday is on friday and I really wanted to surprice him for his bday but it will only be 10DPO so I dont want to give him false hopes so I will wait few more days... I work at a OB/gyn clinic so my coworkers are telling me that i should wait intil my 13DPO that will be a 100% answer.... Wish you the best and pray that you get a possitive result

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo