Community post

Discussion

2016 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Ladies we've had some great news lately, let's keep it going! This is for everyone starting out for their first or trying again! Best wishes to everyone and loads of baby dust!

540 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 540 Replies | Last Page

When I get off from work I will read from the beginning of the post to get caught up!

User Image

8 years ago

Welcome Camasia! Best of luck to you!

We found out today that 6 out of our 7 eggs retrieved yesterday were mature and fertilized! Now the looooong wait until Tuesday for final results of any possible normals.

8 years ago • Post starter

Thanks baby path fx for norms. How long have you been trying ivf?

User Image

8 years ago

Camasia, i wish you the best luck! When do you start? I am TTC since 2011, i had a natural conceive which was mc in 10th week, 3 IUIs without success and an IVF which succeeded and now I am pregnant with twins on 26th week. I am sure you will find a great support here and I hope soon you tell us the great news of succeeded IVF.

Babypath, that is a good number! Fingers crossed to be the perfect ones!

8 years ago

Kethryes I will start the beginning of May af is due May 2. Congrats on the twins!!!!!

User Image

8 years ago

Camasia good luck!

8 years ago

Thanks

User Image

8 years ago

Shan- CONGRATS on Easton! Can’t believe he’s here!

Keth- sorry about the glucose test, but yay for never having to do that again and for active kiddos!

Jfmolo- how’d the IUI go?

Baby- sorry to hear that the 18 follies were only 7 eggs, BUT it’s
AWESOME that 6 fertilized! Can't wait for another update and transfer news!

Mrsford- sorry about your BFN. gl this cycle!

Camasia- welcome to our little group and good luck getting started. It sounds like our first IVF rounds will be really close together!

afm- BFN on IUI#4, so we are going to start IVF. I was actually pretty okay with it after having my time to be sad on 10DPO and knowing we have a plan that isn't the same madness over and over. We have also set up an appointment at a clinic a couple of hours away for a second opinion just because we've gotten such a runaround from ours.

Our current clinic has a "guaranteed" IVF program and we are considering it since we're paying out of pocket, but I wanted to get any thoughts you all have on this idea. Basically, it's $14,000+ meds/monitoring costs and it covers up to three cycles (and all frozen transfers) and if you don't have a live birth, you get all of your money back. We're going to try the IVF first round like normal (because we don't want to pay $14k when we can just pay for one procedure), and then think about the "guaranteed" option (or switching to the far away clinic) if we don't have a little one. But, we've talked about this group and both of us are wondering what you all would do given this option. Obviously, we don't really have $14k just laying around, so it would take some planning and changes.

As far as med updates, af showed yesterday (pretty rough after the progesterone; my body really hates it for some reason). I will have some additional bloodwork done today or tomorrow, and I'll be talking to the IVF nurse tomorrow. I am supposed to call day 1, but the local clinic is closed after noon on Friday until Monday morning. I am not sure if I'll need to go in tomorrow, but luckily I don't have any appointments at work until 10 so I'd be able to run up there if needed. This month we'll be doing a "mock transfer" where they basically pretend like they're doing a transfer just without any embryos to get the positioning and everything right. Did anyone else have to do that?

8 years ago

Good morning friends!

Camasia, to answer your question, we have been trying with IVF for a year now. Our IVF route was due to me getting my tubes tied 11 years ago. My husband and I both have children from previous marriages. Mine are 18, 17, 15, and 11. His are 15 & 12. We decided we wanted children (or at a child) together and knew the risks associated with tubal reversals so opted for IVF.
As healthy and in good shape as one can be at 38 (me) it's still true, our eggs age! I know our story is different than many on this page, but it's ours and regardless, when you want a baby with someone you love, it's trying and emotionally challenging when it takes time, patience and faith!

2moms, yes, we have done the mock transfer. It is VERY simple and only takes a few minutes from start to finish. Some people can experience a little cramping during or after the procedure, I never did at all! To me, it was the most simple part of the IVF process. As far as your options on the guaranteed cycle, I would say go for that one. I don't know what your insurance covers, but each of our IVF cycles cost over $10k so $14k for 3 tries or your money back sounds amazing to me!

Keep us posted and good luck to you!

Today is the day they send a cell from any still viable eggs...unfortunately they don't call or let us know how many that is so we are still waiting for Tuesday for information! (Side note: no eggs currently trying to grow so I helped myself to a couple of cocktails to help this weekend! ;) )

8 years ago • Post starter

2moms go for it wow $14k for 3 tries and a money back if unsuccessful. Thanks for the welcome.
Babypath that's very true the heart wants what it wants I wished I'd have skipped the reversal and just went for ivf I never thought to do that. Enjoy your cocktail. Did you try acupuncture?

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo