Community post

Discussion

Advise on TTC

Here's my story. Two years ago I was dating a "rebound" guy for a couple of months. He was a low life scrub- no job, lives with mom, in and out of jail, baby he nor his ex takes care of. Well I carelessly fell pregnant and I was devastated! I immediately cut all ties with him and decided I would go through it alone. Around 7 or 8 weeks I had a miscarriage and at first I felt relief and thankful. I honestly just blocked that entire part of my life from my mind and wouldn't allow myself to think about it. Fast forward 6 months later I met the guy of my dreams. We have been together for a little over a year and a half. We have the perfect relationship. We bought a house about 5 months after we started dating and have lived happily together ever since. We talk about marriage all the time but it has never been a priority because our commitment doesn't need to be on paper, we already know. Over the last 6-8 months ALLLLL I can think about is pregnancy- getting pregnant, being pregnant before, if I am pregnant...etc. I am on the pill and take it like I am supposed to, but I buy pregnancy tests each month in hopes that my pills don't work. Am I going crazy?? I've mentioned it to my boyfriend and he always jokes and says stuff like well if you want a baby now then lets have one!! but he has never been serious about it I don't think. He just tries to say what will make me happy. I know there is a process- marriage>kids, but kids has definitely taken priority over marriage. My boyfriend also says stuff jokingly like "ya know, if you got preggers I'd keep you". Well I was two days late starting a new bc pack and I told him he should wear a condom JUST IN CASE and he said, jokingly again, no you're gonna have my babies. I'm hoping so bad that I become pregnant this month. Do you think I am morally wrong for wanting this? He has said he wants to wait until we move to our next job back in our old state but it drives me crazy when he gives me hope like that. I wonder if I am so obsessed with it because I lost a baby before. PLEASE HELP! this is all I can think about!!! I track my fertility, cervix, bbt, EVERYTHING already. Am I crazy??

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

forgot to add that we are completely financially, emotionally, physically stable to welcome a baby. it seems like now is the perfect time!

8 years ago • Post starter

You are not crazy at all!!! People may say there is a process but I don't believe that! If you are happy in this relationship and you both don't feel the need to be married on paper than who is to say you two aren't already married?!? :) if you know and feel this is right then I say do it! Girl I too fell for a loser 10 years ago and got pregnant but I didn't miscarry and now I have a 9 year old daughter who has never met her "dad" but I married a wonderful man that is her dad now! Maybe not through blood but everything else he is dad! We all make mistakes in life :) if he is really ready and you are too then there should be nothing stopping you from having a baby :) I wish you the best of luck!!

8 years ago

this makes me feel so much better!! there are just so many "what ifs" :( like what if he's not ready? or what if he feels like I'm pressuring him into it. I know once its all said and done he will be the best dad ever but I don't want him to feel like I'm forcing him into parenthood. Mind you he I turning 35 this year so I think he's just scared to take that leap! I'm going to talk to him about it tonight I guess.

8 years ago • Post starter

I think all men are scared to take that leap :) even though we so all the work they still worry about money, will he be a good dad, can he provide for a family after it happens??! I hope all goes well with your talk :) yay for babies :) :)

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo