Community post

Discussion

Getting Discouraged -- Just Blah

Well, I have been TTC #2 now for 7 months. It's not very long compared to what other women endure, but for me it is really discouraging.

I am starting to feel like I missed my chance to have more children over the 7 years that I prevented pregnancy.

To be honest, I didn't think it would take long to fall pregnant a second time. We only had to try for 1 1/2 months when I fell pregnant with my son.

I have attempted temping, but I forget to temp before getting up most days, I started using opk's this cycle, but I haven't had a positive yet and this is CD 21.

My cycles have jumped up from 30-32 days to 37-42 days, which makes me wonder if I am nearing the end of my child bearing years earlier than usual, I just recently turned 32.

I feel so desperate for another child, the thought of it consumes most of my time and the fear that my body has turned against me is growing with each unsuccessful attempt.

We are not in a place financially where we can take more expensive routes for TTC. IVF and fertility medication are not an option. Adoption is not an option financially either.

I am looking in to natural remedies, Vitex looks promising, but I don't know if its worth it. If its not meant to be, no amount of hoping, trying, and money will change that.

Onto of all of this negative emotion/thought I feel guilty for being so easily discouraged, when other women had to stick with it for years before they were able conceive, if at all.

Is it ok for me to feel so down? I don't know.

User Image

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

No it's not unusual at all to feel so down. I'm down about it constantly. Right now I'm waiting on af. Hope she doesn't come but if she does I'm prepared for the sadness. I don't know how people expect us to not get down. A baby is priceless and we can't just go buy one. So when our body isn't cooperating it's painful. It hurts. Your not alone.

9 years ago

I feel we are in similar boats. I am 28. My daughter is 8 1/2. I prevented pregnancy since I had her because we were so young. We started trying for our second in August 2013. No success yet. My cycles went from 31-34 days to 37-42 days. I have tried looking into it and the only thing they come up with is my weight (I'm not morbidly obese and I have seen heavier people be successful and I have been trying to lose weight). I have been trying to lose and all I do is gain. They looked into PCOS but wont diagnose me with it because I dont have the cysts or the hairiness, even though I have every other symptom. I get down a lot about it too. Especially when others get pregnant who haven't been trying as long. And then I feel guilty because I do have one child and there are others who don't have any and have been trying longer. I also feel like I missed my chance waiting over the years. And I can't continue with the fertility treatments due to finances either. So if you ever want someone to talk to you can message me if you want.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo