Community post

Discussion

Dull ache in right side?

Hey there! I'm 22 and my DH and I have been TTC#1 since June. However, he didn't necessarily understand what that meant at first, so needless to say between timing and his annual training in the national guard (he was gone for a whole cycle one month. -___-...) it has not been very fruitful. However, this past cycle, I had a glimmer of hope. We timed it perfectly, as my periods have always been pretty regular (27-28 days), and I started feeling different immediately after predicted ovulation. I had a ton of symptoms, and my DH and I were feeling rather hopeful. However, I had BFNs on FRER at 12 dpo, and at 14dpo when my af was supposed to arrive. AF arrived 3 days late on 17 dpo, and was very odd. It started with a bright red flow but lighter than my normal period. Then, it became heavy like my normal periods with clots and all of the cramps. Despite the nagging feeling that I still had hope at being pregnant, It seemed like a normal period. AF was very short, only 2 days heavy and changed to a lighter flow on the 3rd day, then just spotting the 4th. The whole time it retained its red color, instead of tapering off as brown like my normal af. Also, normally my af lasts 5-6 days of heavy flow, so this was strange. Now that "af" is over, I have a little ache on my right side and occasionally a poke on the left. It felt almost exactly like my ovulation pains I get every month, so needless to say as it has turned into just a muted, weird feeling, I'm concerned. It's now just a small bit of discomfort. I'm in pretty good health, I eat healthy, exercise and practice yoga. My DH thinks that perhaps it was a weird case where the woman has breakthrough bleeding and I still have a chance at being pregnant (despite the BFN I had before AF, but poor DH is really hoping this is just a weird miracle), while I haven't used another test to confirm. I still feel funny in the uterus area (like the occasional heavy feeling or this weird vibrating feeling?) and I can't stop the nagging in the back of my head about it. All of my "symptoms" besides the weird uterus feeling went away with my AF. However, I'm more concerned with the pain near my right ovary. Like I said before, I have regular periods, and I don't think I have PCOS. Although, I'm worried that it might be a cyst that I should get checked up once my tricare goes through. Just wondering what y'all thought about it or if anyone had any anecdotes about similar situations. I'm all geared for this cycle and am confident it'll happen this month, but I really hope that this is just a fluke thing and I'm really fine. Any thoughts? I'm praying that this isn't a cyst or something scary like an ectopic pregnancy.

User Image me (22)+ DH (29)=

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

TL;DR version---- Expected BFP, got BFN and AF, AF was short and weird, and now I have a dull ache localized in the right ovary region, or a little further down and inward than the ovary (when I apply pressure I find the ache point there and it feels better after massaging it)... --thoughts? help?

9 years ago • Post starter

Hmmmm. Test again. It is weird and maybe it's just that. Having said that however all of my very early pregnancies I had a vibrating thing too! My best friend would laugh at me because I would go fumbling for my phone thinking it was on silent and vibrating in my bag on my lap. The other sensation I got was a feeling of little bubbles in my uterus that I sometimes get when my period is about to start really heavy. Oh, and an aching, pulling ovary.

Now that I've had three children and five pregnancies and am ttc again I have learnt that nothing nothing nothing no matter how convinced you are is a pregnancy symptom until you get two lines on a stick.

Good luck, I get the feeling you will be pregnant real soon. :)

9 years ago

Thanks :), that makes me feel a bit better. I went to yoga last night and felt sooooo much better afterwards, but I still get that little vibrating feeling. It's so weird!!! I can only describe it as that feeling when you're on one of those massage chairs and you turn it off, how you have that sort of tingly feeling everywhere, only just in my uterus area. I'm not too hopeful about it because my af was just as heavy as it normally is and was filled with (tmi) clots. But by the end of the second day they were gone. I'll definitely test again soon, I'm just waiting until the timing is right because the only ones I have atm are the Clear Blue digitals (I got sick of getting line eyes with frer...I'd rather wait a little longer and get a clear thing that says yes or no lol). :D Either way, if it comes up positive it's great, and if it doesn't I've got next week to do all of the baby dancing and get this show on the road!!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo