Community post

Discussion

TTC. seems like its happening for everyone except me.

My fiance and I have been TTC for almost a year now.
Lately it seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant and it's starting to wear on my emotions. I'm so happy for all the people who are starting or adding to their families but I just feel like they are getting everything that I've ever wanted.

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I kinda know how you feel. We've only been at it for about 3 months and have a daughter already but I was also a surrogate this past year and delivered in January. My IP's (the couple I had the baby for) had been trying for 14 years. She had multiple miscarriages from both natural conception and ivf. She made it all the way to 20 weeks once. They had a surrogate before me who got pregnant with their twins but m/c at 10 weeks. By the time they got around to me they had one embryo left and were gonna call it quits if the embryo didn't take. Well she did and I delivered them a healthy 9lb 7oz baby girl. When they first started trying I was 9. I'm now 24. Twenty three when I delivered. All I'm saying is if you want it bad enough it'll happen. Hang in there. If you haven't already, try taking a month or two off. I read couples who decide to give ttc a break often get pregnant that month. Good luck and buckets of baby dust!

9 years ago

I hear you on that one. We have a pregnancy bug going round our office!! Lol. I have one more week to wait, and it's driving me crazy listening to all their happy funny symptom stories. Don't get me wrong I'm so so happy for them. But when your sitting there in silence hoping it's your time, it's very hard :(

Good luck x

9 years ago

I totally understand how you feel. My husband and I will be married for 5 years in December and have been ttc for 2 1/2 years. Found out in Jan. I had Dermoid teratoma cysts in both of my ovaries, so end of feb I had them removed, and now we've been fighting with my thyroid. It's definitely frustrating seeing others getting pregnant or having babies.. Not that they don't deserve their children, but it's hard not to think "that should be me" I know one day, my time will come, as yours will too. :)

9 years ago

I know exactly how you feel- had yet another friend announce her good news recently, with the added "it was a bit of shock, we weren't even trying!" statement on the end which makes it even worse! I've come to start viewing the Clearblue brand as something that creates frustration, disappointment and tears. Just keep telling yourself that when you do conceive and deliver your child it will be even more special than otherwise, because this is something you really, really worked hard for.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo