Community post

Discussion

CD 28 / 8dpo anyone else testing this weekend?

Hello all,
I'm a newbie - trying to conceive baby#1. Currently CD 28 / 8dpo - I ovulated later than expected but relatively accurate as I was using digital OPK and charting CM, plus I always get 'mittelscmerz' (ov pain). All 3 methods matched nicely to indicate my ov day was 2nd September.
I use 30 days as my cycle length (never shorter that 30 days) but quite often they are slightly longer (I suspect due to delayed ovulation) - hopefully that's the case this month otherwise potential bean would only have a 10 day LP to successfully implant and produce enough hormone to stop the witch!

I was feeling good about this cycle having successfully pinpointed ovulation and BD'd plenty before during and after.
5/6 dpo - I felt really exhausted and napped both afternoons. Creamy cm. Sore boobs (boob soreness not unusual leading up to AF though).
7 dpo - all of above plus twinges in right abdomen that feel to me EXACTLY like ovulation pain. V. Confused that I could be ovulating again??! despite non-fertile cm and having already ovulated the previous week I took an OPK test - it was negative. A little research suggested it could be implantation. So I took this as a positive sign
However today - 8dpo - symptoms have largely disappeared ... I don't feel particularly tired, boobs slightly tender but not as much as previous days. No twinges. Only thing still there is creamy CM.

If AF hasn't shown up in the meantime I'll be testing Sunday 12dpo. Anybody else in a similar cycle pattern testing this weekend? Please feel free to share your current feelings/symptoms.

Xxx

40 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 40 Replies | Last Page

Hi Mrs. P! I'm right there with you. I ovulated on the 1st. I'm trying not to get testing happy, but I'm so anxious.

5/6dpo White discharge, tired
7/8dpo cramping, sore boobs, tired
9dpo sore boobs, tired, heartburn (I never get it... ever), went to the bathroom way more then I normally do.
10dpo (today) feel okay. Boobs are still sore, but no heartburn or cramping.

Maybe I've just had a string of bad luck, because I feel like it is probably too early for this. I'm hopeful though, and hearing my husband talk about a baby just makes me want it even more.

Sending some good vibes your way, maybe we can have May babies together.

9 years ago

Hello, yay glad to have a cycle buddy!

I know - hubby's get the easy job 'do their bit' then it's up to us for the rest of the month! I keep reeling off the '25% chance' statistics to him but he talks as if there's 'one' already in there! Still, keeps me thinking positive I suppose!
Nothing extraordinary to report today - boobs still a bit sore / creamy cm still there but of course could all just be AF symptoms ...
I fancy a spring baby - we'd just get in there at the end of May!
Isn't it awful waiting to test! Hubby thinks it's hilarious that I'm addicted to POAS!! I've got 2 waiting in the cupboard staring at me I've PROMISED I won't test until Sunday though (12dpo)

Best of luck to you Let me know how you get on over the weekend
Xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Hey ladies! I'm ttc #2. I'm about 8 dpo right now. Pretty sure O was on the 3rd of September. I cld smell my mans pheromones or something..i just wanted to rip him apart!!! Lol!! I've been having an array of symptoms. Yesterday was the worst. Today a little better. Sore boobs since 3dpo. I've had pinching pulling bubbling some cramping that felt very strange. A few bouts of diarrhea only in the morning..and I never have a bad bm! Crazy dreams..restlessness...yesterday I was nauseous and dizzy in waves. Hungry but only for specific foods. Super tired. Same today just not as bad. A bit moody as well. And I've felt heavy in my uterus last night..and I have creamy white cm as well. All this started at 3 dpo...each day further from O id get something new. Starting to feel crazy!!! But..idk..im really hoping this is it! How r u ladies..u guys are a bit ahead! Any good news??

9 years ago

Mrs. P- I know my husband keeps talking like it's already in there too. I told him the likelihood wasn't very good (the whole 25% thing) and he said "yeah, but I have super sperm." He said he did the trick and even gave me twins to boot.
Waiting to test is the worst thing. Next test will be Sunday for me too. Bright and early. Hopefully both of ours will show up positive. A spring baby does sound nice.

Nuggy- you're right behind us.
No good new yet. I couldn't help it and just tested (I know it's supposed to be early morning, but I'm going crazy). It was . I'll try to hold out for Sunday..

9 years ago

Hi Nuggy!
I know how you feel - I could drive myself crazy with every little symptom - I'll either end this month pregnant or a hypochondriac!

Ardency - that's so funny!! your hubby sounds exactly like mine -I've had the whole 'yea but I've got super sperm' thing too!

Well look at it this way ladies - they say there's a 1 in 4 chance of becoming pregnant each cycle. There are 3 of us so far, we need just one more person testing this weekend and statistically SOMEONE should be pregnant! ... I was never particularly good at maths but a bit of positive logic can't hurt

I don't feel any different today. Yesterday I had a slightly swollen gland in my groin?! Just on the right side where your knicker line meets your leg. Wasn't overly painful, just a bit uncomfortable - raised enough for hubby to confirm it wasn't in my head! Haha. not sure how or why that would be a symptom - I certainly can't find it as a common one on here but it's the only thing I can say is 'different'... But it's gone today anyway

AF officially due tomorrow stay away witchy! We're going to my parents for the weekend which is good because it will keep my mind off testing but means I won't be able to do it until we get home Sunday night (or maybe even Monday morning if I can hold out for FMU ...)

to all I look forward to updates!
Xxx

Mrs. P- good luck. I got a Negative test today, so i think I'm out. It should be showing up already right? Im using the first response early result (6days sooner). Monday is when AF should be visiting. Im super bummed. Although, my boobs still hurt and this afternoon i started feeling nauseous, but maybe I'm just turning into a hypochondriac too. :p

Good luck when you test, I hope you get good news. please update me on what happens.

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,
Have been TTC since December 2012 with no luck yet. I'm sure I o'd September 4th (OPK and BBT) so 8dpo ATM. I tested today and got bfn. This month is the most we've BD'd around O since TTC so keeping my fingers tightly crossed. It'll be our last month TTC for a while too as we get married in July and don't want to be due around then because I don't want to be giving birth the day we are due to get married! Or one or two or three days before for that matter! Also it will give us a chance to go to GP and see if there's something wrong!
Good luck testing! Babydust x

PS now there are 4 of us, one if us will get bfp right? ;)

9 years ago

Ashleigh- yep, one of us is bound to be. : p

Congrats on the wedding! Im hoping we all get positives. :)

9 years ago

Welcome Ashleigh66! Don't worry about your BFN at 8dpo that's still extremely early for testing. Congratulations on your wedding - perhaps having another exciting focus will bring you luck, I hear so many women say "the month we stopped 'trying so hard' we fell pregnant!" Easier said than done though as we all know.

Ardency - don't count yourself out yet either. Implantation occurs between 7 - 12 days right? Plus another 48hrs to produce enough hcg for your body to register that it's pregnant. Even the most sensitive PT depends on implantation.You're not out until AF arrives.

As for me, I was hoping for an early implanter because I ovulated late and only had a 10 day LP window before AF was due. But I'm now 12dpo and no AF. I'm not holding my breath as my cycles are not clockwork unfortunately, they can vary by a couple of days. but based on my usual cycle length I am know officially 2 days late.
I had some quite strong cramping Friday night and was convinced AF was imminent but it didn't show. Cramping has now stopped and all I have is lots of white creamy cm (and sore boobs). We're still visiting my parents which is the only reason I'm not POAS right now!!! But if AF still hasn't arrived I'll test when we get home tonight ( or perhaps FMU tomorrow morning?!)
It's crazy, I've been sooooo desperate to POAS and now that I'm 12dpo and 2days late I'm scared to incase it's BFN and bursts my little bubble of hope!

Anybody have any more symptoms?I feel ok. I did wake up at 5am this morning to pee and when I went to the bathroom felt a massive wave of dizziness and nausea but I went back to bed and having had a nice lie - in got up at 8:30 feeling absolutely fine.

Xxx

*update* I tested when I got home this afternoon (couldn't hold out for FMU tomorrow) but wish I had as it was BFN
Still no sign of AF though - I keep thinking it's going to come any minute but still just lots of creamy cm.
Back to the waiting game I plan on testing again in 2 days if AF doesn't show in the meantime.
How are you ladies getting on?
Xxx

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo