Community post

Discussion

ectopic pregnancys and surgery following

Hey guys I'm battling a serious loss and am wondering how to start over again and when to start ttc again and best ways to conceive with half of my left fallopian tube and I still have my whole right one. I will write about my journey thus far but looking for helpful answers and support from other women who have suffered with a ectopic pregnancy.

The hardest thing you will ever have to go through in life is not a break up its not losing your mom or dad its losing a child that you had carried for 7 weeks and had been trying for a year and three months to conceive. My ttc journey has been quite long and I can't help but think I could of avoided this is some possible way. But all the doctors say its just something that happens and that there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it. A ectopic pregnancy is when the egg implants its self outside the uterus. Usually in the left or right fallopian tube. Which happened to be my case. In my left one to be précised. Even though I had been trying to get pregnant for quite some time. I found out unexpectedly. Monday the 14th I had went to the emergency room with sever pain on my left side. They did urine and blood and a transvaunal ultra sound. My urine had came back positive for a pregnancy. My HCG (pregnancy hormone level) came back at 594 showing I was about 6-7 weeks. They had did the US to conclude what that days pain was for. I had a ruptured cyst that day. The US had came back and the doctor had come in my room and sat down. He asked me if I knew I was pregnant and my eyes lit up with the greatest joy that we had finally conceived and had a little tater on the way. As he had sat down and looked at me with concern he said but it is possible that your pregnancy is a ectopic one. I just went to crying... He said that it could still be to early to see on a US but I would advise you to see your obgyn. And after he had told me that it may be to early to tell I hung on to every hope he was wrong. The next day I got into my obgyns office whom IV never met before but had a appointment to see to figure out what was causing my infertility problems. Needless to say she told me that it was not a ectopic pregnancy but a high risk miscarriage. And sent me to do blood work. I still wasn't out of the clear but had a little more hope that I could carry and deliver a happy healthy baby. Two days after seeing her and knowing only for 4 days all me and my husbands hard work as finally paid off I had heavy bleeding and sharp unbearable pain on my left side. So I rushed to the hospital. About 6am that Friday morning. For them to do more blood work and more Ultra Sounds. After the ultra sound I knew excalty what was going on. I stood up off the table and just had blood running down my legs. I just started crying ???? I knew my baby was in trouble and so was I. They got me to my bed and hooked me up to a ekg on my belly and chest and shoulders. I have never had that done to me so I was beginning to worry. Later on that evening the doctors had came in and told me that I was going to need to have surgery that day in about 30 minutes that my Childs HCG level had dropped to 259 and that my child was causing internal bleeding and i was going to have to have my left fallopian tube cut along with removing my child. My first reaction was can I conceive again. I went into that surgery room holding my belly just praying that they had made a mistake and that everything was going to be okay. I woke up from the procedure crying I knew that my child was no longer there and that I had something so close but taken right out and under me. March 13th was my birthday the 14th I was told I was pregnant and the 17th I was no longer going to have a baby wrapped and swaddled And covered in mommys and daddys kisses 7-8 months from now... Now to put my tcc journey on hold for the next 3-6 months for my body to heal physically and mentally. But when a women has one ectopic pregnancy she is at greater and higher risk for a 2nd. And her chances of conceiving are reduced from 25%-50%. I just want to fill this empty house with kids my kids me and my husbands kids... Is that simply to much to ask for?

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy that develops outside a woman's uterus (womb). This happens when the fertilized egg from the ovary does not reach or implant itself normally in the uterus. Instead, the egg develops somewhere else in the abdomen. The products of this conception are abnormal and cannot develop into fetuses. Ectopic pregnancy is usually found in the first 5-10 weeks of pregnancy. For more info about ectopic pregnancy please visit motherhow.com/what-is-an-ectopic-pregnancy-signs-and-symptoms/

8 years ago

My heart hurts for you! For some reason I had the urge to come online and search for ectopic pregnancy tonight at 1:30am. Maybe my story will bring some hope! First of all, I had unexplained infertility. We tried for over a year to conceive without success. My doctor put me on clomid and I conceived my first child after three rounds of clomid. Healthy little boy. We decided to try for another baby right away when my son was 10 months old. I was on clomid for the maximum 6 months and did not conceive. We gave up hope of another baby. We found out in Feb 2013 that we were pregnant! It was strange though. Different than my first. I started having pains in my left side. I ended up having emergency surgery on April 4th removing my left tube. I was devastated like you. I can't imagine how you feel though with that being your first pregnancy. I can bring you hope though. I too read about the statistics and we decided that we had our little one and we decided we were not going to try anymore. When I was going into surgery for the ectopic. I called my husband (he was home with our little one so I was going through this heartbreak alone) and told him that I wanted to go to Disney World in September!!!! Well we went to Disney and when I got back I had my annual appointment with OB. During that visit I decided that I wanted to try one more time. She said she would give three rounds of clomid, but she didn't want me to get my hopes up because I only had the right tube that my chances of conceiving were small. I was back at her office after one round of clomid and I was pregnant! My little healthy girl was born in June 2014.

A side note to all of this... When I was pregnant with my son they did not see a yoke sac and it wasn't until I was 6 1/2 weeks until they confirmed my first pregnancy. I thought that was what was happening with the second pregnancy. It will be 3 years ago (Easter Sunday 2013) when I went to the hospital with pain and bleeding. This time of year is hard. I am not sure of you are a religious person or not, but I will share this just in case. I am not sure if this played any part in my third pregnancy.... But it gives me comfort! I am Catholic and in September 2013.... After deciding this would be our last time trying to conceive, I contacted St. Lucy's Church in Newark New Jersey. It is the National Shrine of St. Gerard, the patron saint of expectant mothers. They sent me a cloth and medallion. The medallion had Our Lady of Perpetual Help on the other side. I prayed for St. Gerard's intercession. I ended up conceiving the week of St. Gerard's feast day. I gave birth on the feast day of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. ;). Please do not give up hope! The biggest part of infertility is not knowing if you can conceive or not. Now you know that you can! I will keep you in my prayers for healing and that you will one day have a little one in your arms. I am so sorry for your loss.... Know you are not alone in your suffering.

8 years ago

I had an ectopic in Nov 2014, when me and the hubby decided I would get off the BC and try my body had other plans, I didn't get a period for like 3 mons and the first one I had was forced by meds, then we were told I was pregnant by blood work then informed I was never pregnant they mixed up my blood with someone elses so that gave us even more reason to try harder. I found out I had low progesterone from coming off the BC and because of that that was why my periods were not coming. so I want online and found a natural way to boost my progesterone which was vitex, I took two 500mg pill a day for 1 1/2 months and I got my period and I got a peak face and we had sex that whole weekend.

I will never forget that weekend cause Halloween was the next week and I was supper happy I love Halloween, so I started spotting right away and I thought IB so I was waiting to take a test. the night of Halloween me and hubs want out and has I was dancing I got the worst shot of pain I ever felt like I didn't feel like dancing any more and I was ready to go home I thought maybe it's the baby, cause I knew in my heart I was pregnant, but I had just ordered some tests from amazon and they just came in that night so I didn't get a chance to use them, but I had planned on testing soon. So the next morning on Nov 1 I woke up and decided to test and I got a BFP and the lines were super dark, I took another test and another BFP I was so excited I called my mom and told her I told my husband and my bffs and everything I was super excited.

That night when DH came home I had to go to rite aid to get the estimator test I wanted to know how far along I am and I was 5+ it said and I was so excited, but I was still spotting and that worried me so on mon I called my doc and they had me come in and they did the ultrasound and they found the baby was in my left tube and I would possibly lose my tube and I had to hurry up and get to the hospital, I was bawling my eyes out and was like this is my first I don't understand and I need to call my husband and I called my mom and I just didn't know what to do, I was devastated. we want to the hospital and they did another US and they said the baby was in my left tube and I would have to terminate the pregnancy because it was viable. which hurt so much, all I could do was cry.
I took a dose of the MTX shot and they sent me home, I cried so hard because I had to kill my baby, I told him I loved him and that if I could I would keep him, but he wasn't in the right spot and I said good bye, those was the hardest 6 months of my life. Now we have been trying for about a year now and no luck at another pregnancy, we had a chemical last cycle and that was it, we are now at an RE to try to see what is wrong. it is really hard to handle but you will and it gets hard it really does I still think about the baby I would have and how big they would be, but we have to keep moving and keep our hearts open for the little that is still waiting to show up

User Image

8 years ago

Now that I am a month past op. I am seriously thinking about trying clomid. I am 19 and have been trying with my husband for a year and three months. I don't think I ovulate regularly. Maybe 1 to 3 times a year. I only got one positive opk last year and last month i found out i was "ovulating" and was so happy to see a smiley face again. But it was only positive because i was pregnant with my ectopic. 2 more months and i can start actively trying again. But AF still has yet to arrive. Just thick clear cervical mucus. Like alot!! Idk what's going on with my body and I'm not going to even try to understand it until I go to talk to my doctor about clomid fingers crossed theses months go by fast! Ready to start trying again.

7 years ago • Post starter

shyannestewart, Have you tried looking into Vitex? It has a lot of success regulating ovulation and keeping your period regular. It is a natural supplement so you don't have to get it through your doctor. Clomid has a higher risk of mc and some studies have linked it to autism. I'm not anti clomid, just research your options so you know what you are getting into.
Wishing you best of luck, hope you get your sticky bean soon xx

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo