Community post

Discussion

TTC almost 3 years, just found out male factor!

All this time I assumed it was me and my endo as my partners GP told him his test was fine! Turns out he has healthy sperm but 85% have no motility! How could the GP say that it was normal? I could have had IVF and been pregnant by now!

Is there anything we can do to help make factor infertility? What do we need to know. My OH is doing another test in the next month and deciding when to do IVF in May after the results are back. We are getting married in June and I really wanted to be pregnant by then. I'm so upset at the doctor.

TTC #1 since August '13. 44th cycle started 8th January '17. Currently in the process of an IVF cycle. 9 eggs collected 23rd January '17. 1 egg fertilised and looking at putting this fighter back on 25th January '17. www.lifewithendosite.wordpress.com

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I can understand your anger with the GP, have you considered making a complaint? Congratulations for the wedding, I don't want to sound out of line but I can understand your eagernes at wanting to be pregnant now but I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and I am really suffering with morning sickness, I am now on medication(it last for every single waking second) I am not complaining this baby is worth every second of the sickness but I can barely function at all, I got married in May last year, it was amazing, while I know not all women get morning sickness there is still a chance you might, enjoy your day, the last thing you would want on your wedding day is to be stood in front of the man your marrying trying desperately not to throw up on him(could be a potential funny moment in years to come) but you know what the issues are now, the process should start now and you have a lot to look forward too, congrats and good luck x

8 years ago

Thank you Debbie :) that's very true! I'm definitely not going through IVF in June for that very reason, I don't want to feel rubbish on our special day. Maybe it was meant to be this way for a reason :) congrats and I hope you feel a bit more like yourself very soon x

TTC #1 since August '13. 44th cycle started 8th January '17. Currently in the process of an IVF cycle. 9 eggs collected 23rd January '17. 1 egg fertilised and looking at putting this fighter back on 25th January '17. www.lifewithendosite.wordpress.com

8 years ago • Post starter

Here is a list of vits and supplements that can help a man's sperm, they can take a while to work so the sooner the better. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

ZINC 15 - 50mg
Very important for healthy sperm. Higher sperm count.

VITAMIN C 200 - 1000mg
Less clumping of sperm. Higher quantity (up to 140%) and better quality sperm. IMPORTANT! Take lower doses with short boosters of higher doses periodically. High doses may negatively affect sperm quality if taken for long periods. DO NOT take high doses of vitamin c with high doses of vitamin e as can induce sperm DNA damage!

VITAMIN E 400 - 800IUI's
Improves sperm quality and motility by up to 2.5 Times. Don't take high doses of vitamin e and vitamin c at the same time (see above).

VITAMIN D. 600 - 1000IUI's
Vitamin D3 is best. Improves sperm mobility and morphology. Balance with vitamin A and K. Problems arise when you have too much vitamin D and too little vitamins A and K.

VITAMIN B COMPLEX
Very important for healthy sperm.

VITAMIN B12 10 - 1000mcg
Helps balance testosterone and LH/FSH secretions. Very important for healthy sperm.

L'ARGININE 200 - 1000mg
A natural cigars. Improves erectile function and increases sperm by up to 250%. Improves sperm motility and health. Avoid if you have herpes as can cause an outbreak.

CO ENZYME Q10 30 - 300mg
Only take if you have poor sperm motility, take lower doses and do booster amounts.

PYCONOGENOL 25 - 200mg
Improves sperm morphology by up to 40%.

SELENIUM 70 - 200mcg
Can double sperm count and improves quality of sperm. Toxic in high doses so I would advise to take lower doses or adjust your diet to give you sufficient selenium.

L-CARNITINE 1 - 3g and L-ACETYLE CARNITINE 500mg (twice a day)
Significant increase in motility, live sperm count, membrane integrity and linearity of alternative movement after 3 - 6 months of use.

VITAMIN A rda
Improves sperm production.

OMEGA OIL 200 - 1200mg
Take a mix of flax seed oil and fish oil. Improves sperm count. Avoid cod liver oil as it can contains mercury and has too much vitamin A in it. Be careful to not take too much if on blood thinners.

8 years ago

Thank you Kerzie! That is exactly what I spent ages looking for online to no avail. Brilliant! I know we have quite a lot of vitamins and supplements in the medicine box so I will have a dig around and go buy some more. :)

You are very welcome, I hope something works xx

8 years ago

Kellytorr I have sent you a message to your inbox please read!

8 years ago

Thalassa: I have replied lovely :)

Kerzie: I'm sure it will :D

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo