Community post

Discussion

feeling guilty

Hello ladies. We've been ttc #3 for about 9 months. I have a friend who has been trying for 5 years for #1. She just gave up after three unsucessful IVF. Although they have now moved to adoption as an option, I still am feeling really guilty about wanting #3, when she can't have one.
Then my brother and his wife just announced they are due in march 2015 with #1. My family is majorly petty and if I get pregnant with #3 it will take away her "spotlight"...even if its a few months off of hers.
So, I am considering just calling off our quest and enjoying the two wonderful children we have, but I look around at my family and I just know that someone is missing. I want another so badly, and so does DH, but I want it to be a happy time, not one that is surrounded by guilt. Ugh! What would you do?

User Image

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I would continue ttc. Altho very unfortunate, its not ur fault that ur friend is having ttc issues, and u also shouldnt feel the need to worry about stealing someone elses thunder. U need to do what is best for u and ur husband, not everyone else. I learned a long time ago that I cant make everyone happy, so I do the best I can not to upset anyone, but ultimately I will make sure my husband and kids are happy before I worry about anyone else or their pettiness.

How much regret or resentment will u hold if u miss ur baby makin' window and settle? Another thing to ask urself, would anyone not have a baby to spare ur feelings? I doubt it! I say make a bebe!! =))

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo