Community post

Discussion

Positive dollar store test negative frer later that day

I'm devastated. I took a dollar store test. Waited the 5 mins and it was positive. I was convinced I was gonna show up on a different test. So I used a first response. Big fat negative not even a faint line. Could that other test have been an evap? I'm so bummed

Here are the tests. What do you guys think?
User Image

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

There's 2 reasons I would suggest:

1) what time of day was each test taken? The frer may have been at a time where the hcg concentration was not as high. Judging by the line on the DG test, you don't look very far along. So it's possible there just simply wasn't enough of the hormone in the frer.

2) different sensitivity. The DG brand could be slightly more sensitive than the frer.

Either way, I am sorry this happened because I can just feel your disappointment/ frustration after getting an obvious positive. I hope in the coming days the tests become stable and strong positives!

9 years ago

I can't tell you how appreciative I am of your reply. Lol. Thanks so much. I took the dg test around 4 ish in the afternoon. I took the first response around 8. I am sad to report af was supposed to start today and I think she just did. I went to the restroom right now and I wiped and it was pinkish blood on the paper and in the toilet. I think I'm out this month :(

9 years ago • Post starter

Bleeding is common in early pregnancy, I think you should take another test to be sure. If it ends up being a false alarm, I'm SO sorry. I've had a chemical pregnancy and I feel your pain. It's a loss no matter how far along. Just keep trying and don't give up. Best of luck to you!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo