Community post

Discussion

What happens if....

Ooooook...here we go. SOOOO my hubby was on a business trip last week and I tested like crazy hoping that when he came home I'd be able to surprise him with a BFP. We've been TTC for 1 year and 3 months now for our first. No luck testing. AF was due at the beginning of this week (it's Thursday now). My friend who I work with and I are on the same cycle and SHE started on Sunday. I've been crampy, bloated, gassy, constipated, and my boobs hurt. Last night (wednesday) my period still hadn't came (I was sure it would, I even wore a tampon to work). So I tested with a FRER. Total BFP (in my gallery). It came up right away and my hubby saw it right away as well. I immediately tested the same urine with a clearblue digital weeks estimator, Not Pregnant. My urine was basically clear so I wasn't too disappointed. Tested again this morning with another ClearBlue (it was all I had left), another BFN. No period, still crampy. Is it possible that I might have held the stupid FRER in my urine for like, 8 seconds instead of 5 and somehow THAT resulted in the line we saw on the FRER? I know it's out there, trying not to get my hopes up...but have NEVER seen a line like this!!!

16 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 16 Replies | Last Page

Hi,
It wouldn't make a difference if you left it for 20 seconds, it won't effect the result as long as it has enough urine. Have you tested with another sensitive test? Clear blue digital are not sensitive and usually only register a result a few days after using a 10mlu/ml ultra sensitive test. Check the sensitivity of the tests you used (if I remember right cbd is 25mlu/ml), this could explain it for you.
Hope you get your digital result soon

8 years ago

Thank you! I haven't tested at all besides the FRER and the two digital as those were all I had. As long as AF doesn't come today, I will be running to the store on my way home :-) Thanks again!

8 years ago • Post starter

Keep us updated on how you get on, as long as you don't drink too much for a couple of hours you can test anytime. Your line was faint and you should be able to watch it darken with a digital result in a day or two.
Where do you live? I know in America they test your blood at the doctors but in the UK they tend to accept a home result.
Also check out pregnancy test statistics by brand on here, the ladies have rated different brands. Great for avoiding the dreaded evaps.

8 years ago

I have looked at all of the brands and compared many. Want so badly for that to be my BFP but have had wonky test results in the past so I am not getting my hopes up too far. I plan on picking up more FRER and maybe an EPT. I do live in America, but I would rather get a strong BFP at home before going to the dr. for blood work. Very nervous about the cramping I am experiencing right now though. It's dull and constant, but no AF.

When I was pregnant with my ds I had cramps for most of the first trimester. I was upset because I have painful periods and was looking forward to a break for 9 months, no one thinks to tell you these things can happen.
If you are pregnant your uterus is changing into a fortress for your baby so cramping is normal. Things happen really fast in the first trimester, the face is fully formed in the first 8 weeks.
Try not stress, get some cheaper tests as well as some decent ones but make sure for now they are all 10mlu/ml, you can then compare lines.
Have fun

8 years ago

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your input :-) Good luck on your second!

P.s.....in your opinion, does my picture look like a BFP?

Yes it does!!!! My early one was with first response and looked like yours too. I imagine it is a bit clearer in real life? Pictures tend to dull the line a little more.
The first day I used 13 tests in the morning alone, most were internet cheapies that you dip as I had a stock of them. I was also scared to get my hopes up with a faint line but was told any line with pink in it was positive. I got a positive with clear blue digital the next day, when I read pregnant 1-2 weeks we both finally accepted it.
Collect your urine in a cup, that way you can retest with another brand if the line looks any darker. Wait until you have a good sample before using another digital.
Take care of yourself sweetie and please let me know xx

8 years ago

Negative FRER this evening :-( keep looking at the one from last night to keep hope, but it's hard!

Super faint line this morning, almost can't see it. Way lighter than the one in the picture in my gallery. Still no period. Super weak feeling today and nauseas and sooooooooo tired. Cramps are very minor in comparison to the rest of this week. So confused

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo