Community post

Discussion

Is this chemical pregnancy?

I am in a dilemma. I have not-so regular cycles of 30-35days. When I was 4days late (8/25), I got a very very faint positive pg test using first response. I took another test with CB digital 3 hours later and got "not pregnant". I took another test the next day (8/26) with first response, got a negative. The third day (8/27) I got my period. For the most part it seems like a regular period, with normal flow and cramps, small dark red clots but that is normal for 1st day of period. However, I am wondering if this could have been a chemical pregnancy? Is it absolutely necessary to get it checked out with a doctor if I had a miscarriage? I have a very high deductible so I want to be absolutely sure it is necessary to go the doctor in case of chemical pregnancy? Is it ok to TTC next month or do I need to wait? I am 28 yrs btw, and I have a 2-yr old who was conceived in 2nd month.

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I had a chemical pregnancy 2 cycles ago and my first positive was not faint, then I had a digital say "pregnant" the 2nd day. It wasnt til the 3rd day that I got a veryyyy faint positive, almost undetectable, and my dr drew blood and hcg was very low. I started bleeding 2 days after that. I would say since your test showed positive then negative, then you gor your period that it was definitely a chemical pregnancy. So sorry for your loss. There is no need to go to the dr unless its extremely painful or heavy bleeding/clotting. My dr told us we could try again right away and we are still waiting on our miracle baby. Im 27 btw. Best of luck to you!

9 years ago

Hey there, I've a son 3 years old, second pregnancy ended in m/c at 8 weeks right back two years ago.
I was on birth control pill for 7 months then i stopped taking it in jan 2014 and since than i'm trying to have a baby. I'm using Opk and i know that i ouvlate on cd 19 each month.
This is my 7 month of try and today i'm in my 10 dpo. and result is negative.
I am feeling cramping since 1 dpo. headache, backache, creamy CM.
I dont know if i'm pregnant or not but cramping on the left side of my lower abdomen makes me think if its not a chemical pregnancy,,,,, also i've seen that so many girls are there who got there faint lines on 10 dpo even on 9 dpo as well but if i'm pregnnat then why i dont get any line?
People who have chemical pregnancies they found late and lines get lighter and lighter day by day.
I'm hoping for a good luck, my period is due within 2 days so deciding not to take any test untill my expected period day.
Lost of baby dust to you. Pray for me too.

9 years ago

With my son, I went through a similar experience. Based on my LMP, I was about 5 weeks pregnant. About 2 days after I got the BFP, I started bleeding heavily. It was so bad that I had to rush to the ER. At the ER, they said my hcg levels were very low for the gestational age, nothing found on US, and I most likely miscarried. They asked me to come after 10 days for a follow-up ultrasound to see if I had naturally "passed" the contents. Lo and Behold, they found a heartbeat.. I was 5 weeks pregnant then! So when I got my BFP, I was only about 3.5 weeks pregnant (I probably ovulated really late), thats why the hcg levels were low and nothing could be seen on the ultrasound. However, at that time my BFP was very clear and confirmed with 3 different home pregnancy tests. I am not sure if miracles can happen twice!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo