Community post

Discussion

Anyone here take vitex/chasteberry & then stop?

Hi ladies,

I'd been taking vitex for a year or two and then, once my last bottle ran out, just stopped taking it. My periods have always been normal, averaging about 26-28 days, like clockwork. This didn't change on the vitex.

When I stopped taking the vitex, I was on CD 23 / 9 DPO. Since then, no period, negative preg test. I'm currently on CD 41.

Has anyone else been regular and then have a completely delayed or missed period when stopping vitex?

I've been searching online for the effects of stopping vitex but have found vitually nothing, only effects from actually being on it.

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I dont know that I can shed much light on this for you. I only took Vitex for 2 cycles. I read about how it can make your body stop producing hormones on its own so I thought it best to stop.

After just 2 cycles then stopping caused cycle 3 to run long. I started to freak out. Since then, things have returned to normal.
I started looking into Black Cohosh instead.

Good luck to you, I hope things get back to normal for you soon!!

User Image

8 years ago

When I started taking vitex my cycle was on average 31 days but my lp was short, vitex extended my lp and reduced my cycle to 28 days. Stopped taking it last cycle and my cycle was messed up, it only lasted 24 days and ovulation was not clear, so I have the opposite problem. I'm at 6dpo and things so far have been pretty normal for me, I just hope my cycle is back to its normal length or this month will also be wasted.
I hope once your period comes that your body kicks itself back to a normal cycle. I think the doctor can give you something to start af if you get fed up waiting.
Hope you get your soon

8 years ago

Thanks, ladies. I still haven't gotten my period yet and I'm now on CD 47. I started taking the vitex again last Friday, I think, hoping it would bring on my period. No such luck.

I've been meaning to to start using my OPKs again to see if maybe this period will just be completely missed but I keep forgetting to pee in the little cup. :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo