Community post

Discussion

5 days late, ?dpo

Had my period 24th of July. It lasted five days, was pretty normal. I haven't been using opk, but I think I could have O'd somewhere around the 10th of August. Fun time on the 12th 13th and 14th. I'm on a 28 day cycle normally, and should have started August 21st, but I still haven't started.

I've taken 3 tests, all negative. One had a line the next morning that could have been evap, but it's the same color as the control line so I'm not sure.

The reason I think I ovulated on or around the tenth is because of slight tenderness in my breasts, light cramping, and a tingly or bubbly feeling in my ovaries.

Now I have heavy feeling breasts, they seem bigger, they feel achy ( I'm not sure if this is tenderness, they aren't really sensitive to touch they just ache), I've been nauseous but not everyday, and it threw up on Sunday. I don't feel sick. My CM is like a watery milky white. It isn't dry. My cervix feels like there's pressure on it, it doesn't hurt, just pressure. Kind of a full feeling. Light cramps. Back aches, leg aches. I've been urinating a lot more than normal.

But all three of my tests were negative. I'm so anxious. I know I need to wait til Friday at least to test again but what do you guys think?

I have no experience in this and I'm excited, frightened, so freaking moody.

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Oh my goodness, I am in the same exact boat as you!!! My cycles are usually every 28-31 days. Today makes cycle day 34 and I don't know when exactly I ovulated. Although I know I did because I got the usual ovulation cramps from cycle day 13-17. My luteal phase is 16 days so I must've ovulated on cycle day 21 which means my period is due on Thursday/Friday.

Your best bet is to calculate your luteal phase which usually never changes unlike your ovulation day which generally changes from month to month. Normally, women ovulate anywhere from cycle day 11-21. This will better help you calculate when your period's due.

It seems that we are both getting BFNs because we are testing too early seeing our period isn't really due yet due to late ovulation. Hope you get your BFP soon! Stress, exercise, travel, etc. are normally the causes of late ovulation hence late menstrual period. This month I was under some stress which definitely explains me ovulating later than usual. By the way, my last period was July 23rd.

9 years ago

Wow, we're on pretty much the same cycle!

The luteal phase is after ovulation, right? I don't know how to calculate it, I read somewhere that it can last from 12 to 16 days. But it starts right after ovulation and I'm not sure exactly when I ovulated.

What I am sure of is that I'm going crazy because everything seems worse today. I don't think I've ever had sore breasts as a pms symptom, maybe just sensitive. But I can't even stand to lay on them or lean and have any pressure on them.

I'm going to give it til Friday, and if I don't have any results... Sigh.... I don't know what I'm going to do.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo