Community post

Discussion

September 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing IUI or in process of IVF this month

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 206 Replies | Last Page

tubalrevsalttc30, I've done 3 IVFs. The first one resulted in my precious little girl who just turned 3. The second was a bust. The third, the baby died at 10.5 weeks gestation. I'm super duper old now, so my RE recommends doing IVF with donor eggs - but I wasn't able to get my husband on board with that, nor do we have the financial resources for it. I've also done 4 medicated IUIs and 3 unmedicated IUIs. And countless TI cycles. And tons and tons of trying without medical assistance. All told, I've had one live birth, 1 missed miscarriage, and 7 early miscarriages and chemical pregnancies.

We're "unexplained" - on paper, there's no reason why I shouldn't get pregnant at the drop of a hat. We don't know why nothing works or why IVF sometimes does. I assume that I just have crappy eggs, made even crappier by now being so ancient. Our last IVF, I had 16 eggs retrieved, 12 embryos, transferred 4 but only one stuck and she died, and none of the other embryos qualified for freezing.

It's really hard to keep holding out hope, but that's all I've got.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

SMC, holy cow that's a lot more drugs than I'm looking at for the whole thing! is that normal?? So... 6 more days until you test? hows the cramping? I'm pulling for you, keep us updated!
Thanks Red.. We've been back and forth over it, and it's not totally my fault.. They were supposed to go the first week of September, now they are trying to go the 14-25th and estimated egg retrieval is the 17th through the 20th.. I'm making lots of sacrifices... :) he can too! I hope you don't make it this far, and your miracle comes much sooner!
Essemkay, wow.. I knew there were at least a few.. I'm sorry your journey has been so hard and painful..and I'm very sorry for your losses.. I had only one and it was the most painful thing I have ever been through... the IVF is way expensive.. I can understand especially after all you have been though.. not being able to do it again... Does your AMH test show poor egg reserve or quality? can they even test for quality? You are not that old by the way... when it comes to fertility.. it's older, but not ancient, or any of those other bad words you used!! How are you feeling? 11 dpo right? anything?
AFM.. had a very stressful day.. went in to work at 2am... cops had chased a lady in a car and shot her at my store this morning... I am going to bed as soon as I get my shot done tonight! Hope you are all well!

9 years ago

Hellol Ladies!,will like to join this group. Currently on our first try for IUI as we have been trying for a year and still nothing. So here we are trying our first IUI. Being monitored for ovulation and then we start. Getting nervous as i really want to be a mother so badly and i want this to work. Good luck to everyone

Xx

User Image

9 years ago

Welcome, babymama. We've all felt that anxiety with wanting it to work. Good luck!

Tubal, what in the world?? Aren't you somewhere in Nevada?

TexasGirl, where are you? Is school keeping you busy?

9 years ago • Post starter

Thank you red78701,

Fingers crossed to all of us. What CD are you on now

User Image

9 years ago

tubal_ for my fresh IVF I was on 3 injections (follistum sub cutaneous 1x and menopur IM 2x/dy) per day for stimulation then later on during stimming it was 4 (added ganirelix, subcutaneous, which is an antagonist and suppresses ovulation) zpack and methypresnisolone a few days before retrieval, trigger shot, then started progesterone and estradiol the night of the egg retrieval. diluted hcg booster after transfer too. my progesterone was low so i had to take 1.5ml of the PIO. continued until testing which was obviously negative.

with the FET it has been much more relaxed, the one lupron shot and then then the one PIO shot is much better than remembering to take all 3-4 injections per day that i had to do last time.

the cramping got better, i had some intermittent cramping yesterday that i think was ovarian pain. not sure about that but we will see. i plan to start testing Monday which is 5 days after, even though I know that is still pretty early.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

just got a call from my nurse, my labs this morning are great! my progesterone was 34.4 and they like it to be about 20 by 4 days out and i am only 2 days out. last time at 4 days it was only 17. the only thing different this time is they raised my progesterone to 1.5 way earlier and i have been using some progesterone cream.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

Hello Ladies,

I am going to start my very first IVF/ICSI cycle starting on September 15, 2014! OMG super excited, but I also have PCOS, MTHR-2 gene mutations. I dont know what my chances are. I am taking Metformin 1500 mg, Folgard 2X a day, baby asprin, Vitamin D, Pre-natal Vitamins and B6+B12 which is also found in the Folgard.

I am expecting my cycle to start on September 15th , so I will start also taking Gonal F 225IU for 3 days, then goes down to 150IU for 7 days. Then Menupur 75IU for 5 days in conjunction with the Gonal F. So hopefully i will have my egg retrival by end of September, possibly September 29 /30.

Fingers crossed . Is anyone else on a similar protocol? or was before? what was your outcome? Will i have good quality eggs since i have PCOS. I dont meet all requirements for PCOS, but my doctor told me I meet two of three qualifications which is that I dont ovulate on my own and my ovaries looks polysistic. But i dont have hair on my face or acne. so technically i have "mild" PCOS. I have been taking metformin now for almost a year.

I also have gone through 4 IUI's which all failed . I was able to get pregnant without IUI, just clomid 2 times but both ended with an early on miscarrage at 5 weeks . Both miscarriages were chemical pregnancies.

I also had a uterine septum discovered via hysteoscopy which i got removed, so my uterus looks normal now . I am so excited about my very first IVF cycle. I should receive my meds soon. I would love to hear any success stories or someone who has gone through a similiar situation. I know its a shot in the dark .

By the way, I am 30 years old and DH is 32. I know i should not have too much high hopes becuase the IVF ICSI cycle can fail but its overwhelming and I am not sure if I am doing everything right as far as taking car eof myself. I started walking recently. and i will also start acupuncture in 10 days. any support is helpful

9 years ago

Hi to the newcomers! Good luck Babymama, it's exciting and terrifying all at the same time! Hope you are one of those girls that it works for in the first try!

SMC.. wow..I am amazed! What did the drugs cost you for your fresh cycle if you remember? my test results came back really good.. so maybe that is why my drugs might be less? I'm only having to pay 1,640.00 for mine....my AMH test came back "amazing" in my doc's opinion.. I had a sis done in July.. and all the hormone tests looked good... For me I'm on bcp until the 1st, started the Luporen shots this last Monday.. my suppression appointment is the 4th, then start Bravelle and Menopur until trigger (Novarel).. then will start the progesterone the day of the transfer.. So I think it's 4 shots a day once I start stimming... I don't know about a zpac or some of the other things you mentioned.. although last year when I had my m/c I was on the methypresnisolone for a rash I had broken out with... not sure what that had to do with anything... Oh I am so excited for you about your progesterone numbers!! that is such a good sign!! I can't wait to be in your shoes but I'm also dreading it too.. the waiting just suxs!

rbalani21, Yay! me too first one! This is going to be a great month! ;) I'm sorry for you past struggles... and think it's okay to have lots of hope.. we're either all in or nothing in this journey it seems, so don't be afraid to hope! I keep telling myself "this might not work, so don't expect anything".. but then I have dreams of little toes and little giggles and damn I'm going to get my hopes up, put my whole heart in and if I get crushed I'll deal with it then!

AFM... yeah the crazy stuff at work yesterday all over the news... made for a busy eventful day.. I don't know what is up but it seems there is bad things happening all around me this week... just have to be thankful for my life and love and what I have now. Shots getting easier for sure... not looking forward to AF once I stop bcp here in a couple of days, but lets hope it's the last one i see for a year or so :) Have a question for you girls though.. I am taking folic acid and dhea pills each day... is there something else you all would take in my shoes? Everyone I hear takes the baby aspirins? I'm worried I should just go get regular prenatal vitamins instead of what I'm doing? b vitamins? I asked the my doc. and he said no.. only if "taking them will make me feel like i'm doing more to help the process". Opinions?? Hope you all have a lovely weekend!! ;)

9 years ago

Red: I live in a little town in Oregon.. the chase went 40 miles from a bigger city to our place...

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo