Community post

Discussion

September 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing IUI or in process of IVF this month

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 206 Replies | Last Page

Had my frozen embryo transfer this morning. So afraid of this not working. About an hour after we lefty the clinic I started having cramping which lasted a few hours and then started again.anyone else have an embryo transfer and cramping the same day? Think it could be the start of implantation already? My embryos were 5-6 days.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

Hi guys! Been reading and waiting.. afraid to jump in because it seems like it's been such a long wait..and we haven't been trying... I sure thought August was going to be the month for a couple of you.. Sorry we are in September, but to a new cycle comes new hope! Wow SMC! I'm excited for you.. and cramping?? IDK.. but as many girls as I hear have cramps during implantation.. in your shoes I would take any sign as a good one! How long after a 5-6 day transfer do you have to wait to test? did they do a trigger? Basia! IUI! I remember my first and how excited I was.. I hope this month is it for you and everything goes great! Essemkay.. I have been rooting for you for so many months! I really hope your time is soon.. your strength and wisdom has been a true reassurance to me that is for sure :) Thorntoj86, exciting! I'm about a week behind you on my first IVF also!
AFM.. just waiting to start my very first IVF cycle.. I'm stopping bcp on the 1st, and start meds by the 7th.. gave myself my very first injection two days ago.. after sitting here staring at the needle for an hour, I did it.. then ran out of the room as if I had seen a spider.. felt like a total idiot, but I did it and the next one was so easy and like nothing lol
Sure hoping your girls lead off with some bfp's for me to follow! :)
How many eggs are each of you putting back that are doing IVF?? My doc will allow up to 2, but i'm 31 dh is 36 and our only issue is my tubes.. I want to do 2, but idk.. what would you girls do? any of you secretly hoping for twins??

9 years ago

tubal _first IVF that is exciting

SMC - no idea but I will keep my fingers crossed

question for you ladies... do you recommend taking clomid in the morning or evening? with or without food?
i am starting clomid tomorrow and not sure what to do

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Basia! thank you! I have been watching a clock for 2 months lol Clomid.. I think they tell you to take at night so if it gives you headaches or sweats you don't notice as much.. I had a few light head aches with it, but took it at night right after dinner... GL! are they starting you off at 50 milligrams?

9 years ago

Yes 50 mg day 3-7
I will take it in the evening then. Don't want to have side effects at work

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

SMC_future_momma, could be implantation - more likely it's either from the irritation to the cervix or from the tiny bit of fluid they use to deliver the embryos. Congrats on being PUPO!!

tubalrevsalttc30, I was 42 my first IVF so we transferred 2. And I got pregnant with twins (we lost one early on). I think I'd wait to make your decision - with your doctor's guidance - once you know the grading of the embryos.

And thanks for rooting for me! Unfortunately, I'm 10dpo and the menstrual migraine is already building, so looks like it's another BFN in the works for me. Boo.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Thanks Esemekay.. I am sure you are right.. I am not afraid of 2 though.. I had 2 very big healthy babies (each where singles my son 9 lbs 7 oz, and my daughter was 8 lbs 6 oz) when I was younger, but I know each pregnancy is different... and I've ummm... gotten older lol I am so scared that something will go wrong, either with meds... not enough eggs, none fertilize.. cycle canceled... and I'm not even off bcp yet! I wish I could work towards being less obsessive, but it seems to be who I am. How did you get through that? I have been following for quite some time, but please refresh because my memory suxs.. how many ivf cycles have you done? Did that one result in a birth? The worst stress right now is hubs.. I seem to have scheduled this on in his words "there are 359 other days in the fing year that we could do this, but NOOOO you had to schedule it on my hunting trip with my family!" He'll get over it, but is not happy that the dates are what they are lol.. How do men not understand... even when we tell them what we go through.. how long it took to get this appointment... blah!

9 years ago

and damn a headache when af is coming? yuk.. still in it though ;)

9 years ago

thanks everyone!! I hope the cramping is a good sign but like essemkay said it is probably just from the procedure itself.

tubalrevsalttc30_ no trigger for me this time because it was a frozen embryo transfer. the only meds i took were BCP, then Lupron to suppress my ovaries from doing what they don't do anyway, then estradiol to build my lining, then 5 days ago started PIO shots, 4 days of methylprednisolone, and a z-pack. From what i read online an hpt about 8days past a 5 day transfer is pretty accurate, my blood test is 12 days after on Sept 8.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

SMC and tubal - thanks for sharing your IVF journey with us. I'm one of the ones who will probably be doing this in the next 6 months if nothing else works so this is helpful for me.

And tubal, don't worry about DH. It's one hunting trip he may miss but if this works, he'll have something that will give more memories.

9 years ago • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo