Community post

Discussion

How long will I bleed?

Hi Everyone,

I miscarried at just under 5 weeks. I am on day 3 of bleeding. It is finally starting to let up some but it is still there. How long can I expect to bleed? I am so sad as it is, it's just a constant reminder every time I see it. We have been trying for 4 months for a baby and were so excited for our BFP... to just a week later losing our gift. :( thanks everyone!

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

For 2 of mine, I lost them at 17dpo and bled for about the same amount of time I do with af, just heavier and more cramps. Another one I lost (who knows when) I went between spotting and light bleeding at 18dpo and that carried on til 34dpo when I had a crazy heavy bleed. That bleed went on for days then it went to spotting and stopped. Zero cramping or pain from 18dpo to the time it all stopped in the new cycle. That pregnancy continued to develop and levels rose til somewhere around 25dpo, then my levels started to fall from there. No one actually knows when I passed everything but we started a new cycle when the heavy bleed started. Long story short, how long u bleed is not something anyone can answer for u becuz it is so different from woman to woman and loss to loss. Being so early on, it shouldn't mess with ur cycle too much.

So sorry for ur loss! It's hard no matter how far along u are, esp when it's something u try so hard for.

Best of luck with this cycle! Stay positive and only look forward!! =))

8 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had two miscarriages this year. The first was a blighted ovum diagnosed at 9 weeks & I chose to have a D&C so there wasn't much bleeding after. This most recent one I had 2/14 i was 5 weeks and bled heavily for about 3 days and then had bleeding and spotting for a about a week. It may be different for everyone though. Again so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo