Community post

Discussion

Cervix Hurts!

Today-ish should be ovulation day. I felt a sharp pain in the right side of my abdomen last night before we BD'd and I'm hoping it was ovulation pain. This morning, my cervix is hurting like I wanna type in some swear words here. When I used the toilet this morning I felt like I was about to give birth or something. ????

In cycles past, I mistakenly interpreted an achey cervix as a symptom of success in TTC. Now I'm thinking it must actually be a sign of ovulation.

In past cycles I would just ache a bit. This time my cervix downright hurts! Input from any "cervix experts" out there is appreciated.

Other info:
I have PCOS, my first child recently turned 4 and we've been TTC for #2 a few years now. I'm on metformin & thyroid med as well as a low carb diet for weight loss. I'm within 10 pounds of where I was when I got pregnant in 2011.

<a href=

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi,
I'm sorry I'm not a cervix expert but maybe you should talk to a doctor just to be safe. It is easier to get infections when ttc and always get any pain checked out by a doctor.
I hope it was a really strong ovulation that is causing the pain and you go on to get your bfp xx

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo