Community post

Discussion

The next step--Injections vs. Femara

I'm on my fourth cycle of Clomid, so if we don't succeed this month, I'll have to try a different treatment next month. My doctor suggested injections and I'm trying to find out if they are covered by insurance. He said the other alternative is Femara, which is similar to Clomid. Anyone have experiences with either treatment? I'm on cycle 17 of TTC #2.

TIA!

Name: Mel TTC #2 since July 2010 1 wonderful son born 1/28/09 and 1 angel baby

5 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I dont know much about Femera, what injectables has your doc recommended?

12 years ago

My RE wanted me to find out if these meds were covered by my insurance:

Follistim AQ*
Gonal-F*
Ovidrel*
Repronex
Bravelle
Monopur

He specifically asked about the ones with the *.

I was told they weren't covered, then that they probably were, and again that they probably aren't. So frustrating. I'm still waiting to hear for sure, but they'll probably make the decision for me.

12 years ago • Post starter

Hopefully they are covered I know where I am that Ovidril is about $100 a shot, but I think the Gonal F is a bit more pricey. What does Femera do?

What is the treatment plan? are you having IUI or IVF with these stims?

12 years ago

They doctor told me that the injections would probably cost $500-$800 per month without insurance. :-/ I don't plan to do IUI or IVF just now, as it's not covered by insurance either. I hate the fact that insurance is the deciding factor of my treatment. Femara is very similar to Clomid, but it works on a different part of the brain. It has less side effects, but a similar success rate.

12 years ago • Post starter

I'm in the middle of an IUI with Clomid & hMG (generic of Repronex). My doctor's office let me order from IVFmeds.com and it was MUCH cheaper than in the US. 10 vials of hMG cost $299. Good luck to you!

http://infertilitywhyme.wordpress.com/ TTC #1 - 23 months and counting Male Factor Infertility IUI #4 - Chemical Pregnancy???? IUI #5 - Ectopic Pregnancy???? IUI #6 ~ Dec 14/Jan 15

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo