Community post

Discussion

ttc with softcups

Has anybody tried using softcups while ttc?? I was reading some stuff online and watching some videos and softcups have worked for several ladies.. any succesful stories? Its something i will be willing to try this month

User Image

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi,
I use them along with a sperm friendly lubricant, I use preseed. They can be tricky to get the hang of (quite literally when trying to remove them)
You can turn them inside out which makes the rim easier to grip with your finger when removing (also makes them shallower which keeps everything closer to your cervix), pushing down inside helps too. When I first opened one I didn't think it was going to fit but it does, the lub helps it glide into place easier.
Whenever possible I try to put a pillow under my bottom and lie down for a few mins to encourage everything towards my cervix.
If it can increase your chances, give it a go. Get familiar with it before putting it in, what I've wrote will make more sense once you have them.
Softcups are a bit like a shallower female condom with a plastic ring around the top (to give you an idea). You can also get menstrual cups that are made of silicone and have a ring at the bottom for easy removal, some are washable for multiple use. Have a good look online to see what is suitable for you.
Sorry to have went on a bit but I knew nothing when I bought mine.
Good luck and baby dust xx

8 years ago

Thank you so much Kerzie that was so helpful I am pretty freaked out by watching videos and all that especially taking it out but i will definitely go and get some and try them out like you said if it works great :)

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

I use them even during the times of the month that I am not fertile. Its nice to keep the mess to a minimum! I used Nuva ring as a contraceptive before TTC so I was use to the whole idea, but for me it is supper easy to insert and take out. Like Kerzie said I put them in upside down too, it gives you a shelf to actually hook your finger in and remove. and when you insert them I actually feel almost a little pop when if goes over my cervix. If your don't get it in deep enough it is uncomfortable and not doing you any good anyways but If you get it in all the way you shouldn't be able to feel it at all.

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo