Community post

Discussion

10 DPO, Neg. HPTs, Faint line on OPK?!

I bought a handful on the First Signal HPTs from WalMart for .88 each, I've been testing since 7 DPO and haven't even got a faint line on them. This afternoon I decided I'd play with an OPK and ended up getting a faint line....I know to be considered positive for ovulation the test line must be equal or darker than the control line but could it be possible that its picking up a trace of HCG? Am I reaching?? Any and all comments appreciated.

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

From what I have read an OPK can be used to detect hcg because LH is a similar chemical structure to HCG. BUT because they are calibrated to detect over a certain amount of LH (around 30units per ml) they are less sensitive than using a HPT as these usually detect anything from 10-20. Soooo a pregnancy would show up sooner on an early HPT than an OPK. It doesn't mean you're not pregnant, it just means it may be too early to test. You hear of ladies who get negatives up until 15DPO

I generally have a faint line on my OPK's all the time, except when I have a surge & then it's really dark.

Hope that helps. Wishing you luck. I'm in the 2 week wait too so know how it feels! X

8 years ago

Did u get your af?

I'm in the exact same boat as you right now!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo