Community post

Discussion

Please help clear my doubt

Hi everyone,
Am new to posting here. My last cycle was Feb 8 to feb 13. We went for a follicular study (transvaginal scan) from Feb 17. On Feb 17, doctor said there was a follicle of 18.8 mm on my right ovary and it was too early to see a follicle. Also my uterus thickness at that time was nly 2.5mm. So doctor put me on some estrogen tablets for three days to increase my lining. We went for our next scan on Feb 20. This time uterine lining was 5 mm but the follicle was not to be seen. Doctor was not so sure I ovulated. She said there would be some fluid if I had ovulated but it was missing. She said you may have ovulated or maybe not. My cycles are average of 32 days. She said uterine lining s maybe growing gradually.
My doubt is how long after ovulation is the fluid visible in a vaginal scan? How long it stays in the uterus? Because we went for the scan after 2 days after spotting the follicle I have this doubt. Anyone been in a similar situation? Please clarify

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Don't quote me on this but i thought no that after you ovulate, the follicle becomes a corpus luetum, if pregnancy has not occurred it stays there for a couple of days then disappears, I think it stay there longer if pregnancy has occurred, I know on all of my early pregnancy scans they have seen a corpus luetum

8 years ago

Thank you for replying :). So in early pregnancy scans it is visible. What about the scan to confirm ovulation? Do you happen to know about it?

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo