Community post

Discussion

Sharp breast pain

has anyone experienced sharp breast pain that shoots from by the armpit to the nipple?

I am about 10dpo and have had very tender bbs for about a week now, but the past 2 days I have begun to feel these sharp pains (kind of like when you are breastfeeding and the milk comes in). I usually have tender bbs every month, that usually feel heavy . The tenderness and heaviness goes away when I get af.

This sharp, stabbing, shooting pain is new for me during the 2WW. My hpts have all been neg, although I did have a dip in bbt at 9 dpo.

Any thoughts?

9 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

I was very much like that yesterday and on Sunday. AF was due yesterday. 15 DPO today, still no AF and BFN on all the PTS I have done. It's a new symptom for me too, usually get tender boobs, but this pain was very much like what you described: Just like when your milk comes in. Guess we're both just going to have to wait and see what happens. Impatient though as this is our 5th month TTC after coming off Cerazette.
Best of luck to you :) xx

12 years ago

I have felt that a few times this week. I'm currently 14 DPO and won't test. I'm sure AF will show up soon. But i'm not sure if that's me just not wanting to get my hopes up again!
lol
The only different thing i have notice myself and maybe you have this too but normally my left BB gets sore this time both of my BB's are sore. and followed up with that same sharp pain you mention on my left bb.
Again i haven't tested yet and don't want to!

12 years ago

This is something I've never felt before during my 2ww, so if I wind up not being preg, im calling my doc....this just hurts....i even had to break out my maternity bras because they feel more comfortable than my regular bras, plus they are bigger.....i swear I think the girls are growing right before my eyes! Lol...
I know many preg symptoms can just be a result of progesterone levels during the 2ww, that is until the hcg kicks in after implantation.
This is crazy stuff though...

12 years ago • Post starter

My temp began dropping today, so my new symptom of shooting pain is just another result of my progesterone and post-O hormones reaking havoc on my body and emotions. How are you guys feeling?

Still no AF for me. 3 days late for AF now. Boobs are heavy & large, back pain, mild cramps, heartburn. Had these symptoms for over a week but still no AF. It's my boobs that are the most noticeable thing. I've had to go up from a 34C to a 36D :) How are yours? (sorry to be out there with that question). Are you late for AF? If so how far? Still got everything crossed for you.
Lou :) xx

12 years ago

I am due today. I didnt check my temp this morning, so I dont know where my temps are at. I began getting some pms cramping yesterday, so I am thinking I am out this month....we will see what today brings...

Everything crossed for you :) I have had the cramping but no AF so until she shows keep thinking positive. Keep me updated. Baby Dust to you :) xx

12 years ago

Nope, i am done for this month....CD numero 1

This was a weird symptom for me this month though. I think I am going to call my doc on monday and go in to find out why this month was so bad for me:
shooting breast pain
nausea
wet cm (usually I am pretty dry after O)
and now af ihas been pretty painful and it only started this afternoon

I think my body is falling apart. I think it is beginning to tell me that I am getting too old for this. I am 36, my hubby is 43 and my lil guy is 6. Maybe we are meant to just have him, maybe I need to get back on BC pills and call it a day.

:( I am so sorry to hear that. Was hoping for that BFP for you. I'm 32 so I know what you mean about the age thing, but never give up hope. I know how disheartening it is to get AF when you think this might be finally it. Told myself I'd give up next time too, but I'm going to just do it but not do the Ovulation strips or the Pregnancy ones until I'm well OVER AF date.
Thinking of you & sending a HUGE hug.
Lou xx

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo