Community post

Discussion

Frustrated with Dr's.

Had 3 positive tests over a week ago so went to Dr's. They won't confirm the pregnancy until I've had bloods done even though when I rung to book in for a blood test they told me they don't do bloods anymore for pregnancy. Nurse is also away for 2weeks. I have a history of miscarriage (3) and was told by the EPU in my local hospital last time I was to ring them direct if I fall pregnant again. I done this to then be told I can now only be referred by the Dr. Asked the Dr again and still won't refer until I get blood test done and results back. I've since had 3 more positives including 2 digital ones.
My job is quite manual and involves moving heavy bags and boxes etc and today I came home with sharp stabbing pains, cramps and backache. I'm on pins that something is going to go wrong. Other than the positive tests I don't feel pregnant and feel more like my period is about to start. The waiting for an available appointment is driving me crazy. I don't want to go to the Dr as she makes me feel like I'm an inconvenience and I don't have anyone to talk to for advice. I want to be excited about being pregnant but don't want to get my hopes up. Am I being impatient or should they have referred me off the home tests?

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Are you in the uk? If so you can contact a midwife directly. I've never heard of a GP needing to confirm with a blood test.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo