Community post

Discussion

9 Days Past Expected Period, BFN

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this website, but I've want to say I obsessively read all these forum topics when I'm going insane, and it helps a girl out that for sure!

My husband and I have been TTC since October 2015. Since then, I've dabbled a bit in OPKs, Fertility Apps, and only recently have I started charted my BBT.

My cycles have been fairly regular averaging from 30-32 days. I can tell you that in the past year, my longest cycle was only 34 days. AF will undoubtedly show up 12-14 days after I've ovulated. But this month, AF was no where to been seen on her expected date (February 15th, 2015). Now its about 9 days past, and still no where in sight. Of course after missing my period, I've taken several tests (4 to be in total, 3 internet cheapies and 1 FRER) and all have show negative. The last time I tested was this past sunday (Feb 21) and it was still negative.

Unfortunately, last month my mother passed away, so I didn't keep up to actually knowing when I ovulated. I just assumed that I would roughly around when my calendar said i would, because well, I usually do! I didn't keep track of when we BDed either.

So here were my symptoms the last three weeks since I THINK i ovulated (January 31st).

In the TWW (Jan 31-Feb13)
- Cramps
- Shooting pains like someone is punching me in the V

Around Feb 13-15 (expected period start date)
- Sore nipples
- A lot of CM, thinking it was AF
- Nausea
- feeling full after two bites of food
- light headedness when I get up

Current symptoms
- nips are still sore not as bad though, it came, went and came again
- cm like af is coming
- feeling really hungry

I went to see the doctor this past monday and had a urine test there, which showed as negative. I ended up getting a requisition for a blood test, which I did yesterday and I am currently battling my office for the results. I don't have the courage to take another test to only get another BFN.

I guess I just want to know, Has anyone ever been in my shoes? And did you end up getting your period? Or even better, getting a BFP in the end?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi, sorry to hear that your mother passed away.. Sometimes stress maybe a factor for delayed periods. It may have simply delayed because of your stress over your mother's loss. Hopefully the blood test will ease your mind with the right result. My cycle is the same as yours and I had once missed a period by 8 days but was not pregnant. Do not want to put you down but it was my experience. Stay strong and good luck!

8 years ago

Hi Happy 138...

THank you for responding. Just wanted to update...it was definitely due to stress. I ended up ovulating abour 2 weeks after my original ovulation date which in turn pushed my period to come two weeks later....14 days exactly, on the 26th of Friday.

Looking forward to getting back on track this cycle though.

:)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo