Community post

Discussion

Cd 28 positive opk and Ewcm? Late ovulation?

Hey guys I'm going a little mad. This is supposed to be my month off from tttc as the past 18 mos have been pretty hard mentally. I am cd 28 of irregular cycles and two cycles since my last dose of clomid and met. Had my tubes blown out two months ago too. We were supposed to be taking a mental break so I wasn't doing opks and was just hoping I ovulated. Cd 28 today snd right side is cramping on and off and had clear egg white like cm. couldn't resist so I took an opk and it's very positive. Now I'm wondering if this could be late ovulation I have pcos and even on clomid had 45 day cycles, or if it's a sign AF is coming. Anyone have experience with late positive opks and what did it mean for you. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hello @coralb!

I've had a couple situations like yours. The first was when I was pregnant both times (both ended in miscarriage, but showing a positive OPK when pregnant doesn't mean you'll miscarry). I was around 14 dpo and started noticing slight cramping and increased CM so I took an OPK instead of wasting my HPTs and, low and behold, they were positive after I knew I'd ovulated. So it's definitely possible to get a positive OPK and your symptoms if you're early on in a pregnancy, but it's not always the case.

The other time this happened was when I actually did O late (CD 25). This happened the cycle after my second miscarriage.

Not sure if this is helpful, but maybe consider buying a cheapie preggo test too just for kicks?

Good luck and lots of !!!

2/4/2015 12/6/2014 User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo