Community post

Discussion

Longer Cycles???

Early this year I began taking medication to treat a debilitating anxiety disorder. I also began TTC my second child. Prior to this time my cycles had been like clock work, throughout the 7 years following the birth of my first child I was only late once, and were a normal 30-31 days.

Now, my cycles are ranging from 36-42 days. It was a sudden shift, it did not happen gradually, and I worry that it is making my TTC journey more difficult.

Each cycle my body goes through odd changes, unlike what was once normal for me, and I almost always convince myself that I am finally PG. Only to be crushed when I POAS and see a negative result.

I am only 32, so I know that I am still at a good fertile age. I just don't understand these changes, and I am beginning to worry.

Currently I am on CD 37, with a negative HPT 5 days ago. I am having trouble pinpointing ovulation. I tried temping but I lack the presence of mind to remember to temp before I get up each day.

I cannot reach my cervix, and monitoring my CM is difficult because one of the medications I take tends to reduce mucous production.

AF hasn't sent me any signals yet, and I do hope that this is my cycle.

The only notable things I have experienced this cycle are:

Breast/Nipple sensitivity (I do not have a ton of feeling in my breasts, but in the last few days I have become more aware of the fabric of my clothing touching them as well as some fleeting burning sensations in one or the other.)

Hip/Back pain ( My right hip has felt like the muscles around it are strained, and the left hip into the back has a pinching pain when I walk.)

Frequent trips to the bathroom (I actually haven't noticed it, but my hubby has and made a comment about it.)

Increased Hunger and Fatigue (I am almost constantly hungry, and I tire quickly but have troubled getting comfortable enough to sleep.)

I am clinging to hope until AF arrives, but I am also beginning to think it might be time for that dreaded trip to the Doctor. My crazy body is really giving me a run for my money.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone have any words of encouragement based on my symptoms?

User Image

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Well I started spotting at 4am this morning, full on AF by afternoon, So my question about a possible ++ has been answered by mother nature. Guess its time to find a cycle buddy. Ugh.

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo