Community post

Discussion

IUI/Clomid and Lesbian

Hi all..

I'm ttc my first child and I'm gay - so we're doing IUI with known donor sperm and using clomid to maximize the chances of timing everything right.

I don't have any known fertility problems, and have been wondering if anyone knows the rates of success with IUI/clomid if you don't have fertility issues. Haven't been able to find much information on this!

Anyone else in the same boat? This is our first IUI cycle, excited but nervous (and kind of sketched out by the idea of a tube going into my uterus..eek)

- K

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I'm not sure if this will be very helpful or not, (it's supposed to reassure you of the possibility of success) but- my mom/mom's wife have been trying for a very long time, years, I believe. The wife is 35 or so, a bit heavy, and has a tilted uterus. She had that tube clearing procedure done that was supposed to increase her chances for the following 3 months, but she still didn't conceive. They put her on the lowest dose of clomid last month and low and behold, like magic, She's pregnant. :)

So I can't say from personal experience, and unfortunately the experience I'm familiar with DID have fertility issues, but they tried everything possible (including almost adopting until the mother backed out) and clomid with the known donor sperm worked for them first try.

User Image

9 years ago

I, too, am TTC with my partner - this will be our first child. I'm only on the second round of IUI's, so fertility aids/drugs haven't been discussed yet. How is your journey going? Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo