Community post

Discussion

Question about + opk and IUI

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but any help would be appreciated. I took clomid this cycle from cd4-8. I have 3 eggs that the dr says are good sizes (u/s on cd 12). I tested with opks 3 times yesterday (morn, afternoon, and around 6pm) all negative. I tested this morning at 6am and it was positive (I use the clear blue smiley face digital). I called the Drs office and I'm scheduled for my IUI at 8am tomorrow morning. But I tested again just now (around 1230pm) and it was negative. Held pee for over 4 hours so it's not the concentration. So if my surge is already over, does that mean I won't have a good chance this month in conceiving bc the IUI will be too late? Please, I'm freaking out!! Thanks!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi!

My husband and I are doing the iui process this month too (last month we tried but it didn't work out bc of sperm issues) but I understand your concern. I was a nervous wreck last month during "o" time. The best advice I can give is what my doctor told me. She said that the first, second, and third days after a positive opk can result in pregnancy. I'm not personally a fan of having it done on the third day, but just remember that once the opk turns positive, you have anywhere between 12-36 hours before the egg is released and then after that the egg is viable for approx 12-24 more hours. You should still be within your window to conceive. Don't worry and try not to stress. Trust the experts...they've been doing this for years. Best of luck to you and tons and tons of baby dust your way!

Jenny

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo