Community post

Discussion

TTC after ectopic

Hey there, just reaching out and trying to hear success stories. My husband and I tried getting pregnant for our first time in March. Two weeks later I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 2 lines. Obviously it was too good to be true. Had irregular bleeding and a week later found out baby implanted in my right tube. I received methotrexate . Thankfully because of me being a crazy person who goes to the dr for everything, my tube was spared. Now we are TTC again, two months now and no luck. I got a little cocky since we hit in on our first try last time. I have no risk factors of ectopic, it just sort of happened. Dr said try again and this one should be perfect ( I know my OB personally) anyways, moral of the story ladies, please shed some light on successful pregnancies after ectopic.

Sam

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi Samantha,
I started to ttc my first back in 2012 and was surprised that It happened first month trying.Unfortunatley this one ended with a miscarriage at 12 weeks. The next months were filled with trying again and again with no success and every month I was getting more depressed and anxious., obsessing on the internet . After 8 months we booked a holiday and I decided I would just enjoy myself and if It happened then great .i didn't put my sex life on a schedule over the holiday and let my partner take the lead.Well that worked I fell pregnant again only this time I was having spotting.I booked a private scan at 6 weeks not because I thought it was ectopic I wasn't having any one sided pain although I did have really bad back ache.The scan revealed nothing in my uterus so I was sent to the hospital for further tests they took a week to diagnose a right sided ectopic .I had surgery to remove my right tube as the embryo was to large for max shot. The surgeon reassured me everything else looked ok so try again.I left it a couple of months to enjoy Christmas and decided I was not going to obsess any longer ,I was fed up thinking about getting pregnant so I just relaxed stopped looking at my cycle and let my partner take the lead and bingo pregnant second month trying.! I was anxious because of ectopic but just felt this one would be ok.went for scan and everything in the correct place and am currently almost 25 weeks pregnant. It WILL happen for you just relax and enjoy your sex life with no time schedules every time I have fallen pregnant my partner has instigated sex they know when you are most fertile. My only risk factor for ectopic is my age I was 36 . Good luck and relax

9 years ago

what a great story & thank you for sharing. sorry to hear of your previous losses. congrats and good luck to you with the rest of your pregnancy.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo