Community post

Discussion

AF late, BFN

Hey ladies. My husband and I are TTC #1. I was on birth control for 1 1/2 years and stopped after my last pack. It was the standard 28 day pill with a placebo week. We started TTC right after I stopped taking them. I always had very regular 27-28 day cycles, with the very occasional 30 day. AF was due Thursday the 14th. I tested Friday morning and got BFN. It's now Sunday and still no signs of AF coming. I haven't had too many pregnancy symptoms. I was super dizzy one day, and extremely thirsty another. I've had backaches on and off and am eating everything in sight, not because I'm hungry, I just feel like I need to eat everything. A couple mornings I've had literally no more then 60 seconds of nausea, but then it's gone for the rest of the day. I'd like to take a HPT again but I only have a couple left so I'd like to space them out. Any advice on what I should do next? Hoping to either get a BFP or AF so I can move on and prepare for our little one or try again.

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I'm in the same boat as you. AF was due the 14th and I have been getting . My cycle has never been longer than 28 days but I ovulated almost a week later than I normally do so maybe that has something to do with it. I read that implantation could happen up to 12 dpo and it could take up to 5 days after implantation to register a positive HPT. I'm going to try every couple of days until or .

& to you!!!!

9 years ago

I'm on cycle day 33, 17 dpo and still no sign of AF. I did have some cramping around 8dpo (maybe implantation?!?) Haven't really had too many other signs for pregnant or af. Although, I've had a huge increase of cm the past couple days so I'm gonna test again tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed! Hopefully we both get the 2 pink lines soon! Baby dust to all!

9 years ago • Post starter

Good luck to you! I got a BFN this morning. The only symptom I've had so far has been AF type cramps since Sunday. I've never noticed them that far ahead of AF before. I checked my LP and AF should be here by Saturday since I ovulated 9 days later than usual. I'm gonna try to hold off buying another test until then The wait is killing me lol

9 years ago

Tomorrow AF will be 2 weeks late. Cycle day 42. Yikes. Ive never gone over 30. Still BFN. No signs of AF and no pregnancy symptoms either. This is killing me!! If I'm not pregnant I wish AF would just show up so we can try again.

I know you are anxious. That's how I was.. driving myself mad lol. AF showed for me on cd35, 10 days after expected. But then it only lasted 2 days and on the 3rd day I had ovulation symptoms. I've got my fingers crossed for you, good luck!!

9 years ago

Today af was 19 days late with no signs on coming. I took a HPT this morning, BFN. I called the Doctor and they ordered bloodwork. It came back negative :( so my period is just being stupid and taking forever to come. Well, I'm having a drink tonight and waiting for the witch to show her face so we can try again. Good luck to you! Hope you get pregnant soon!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo