Community post

Discussion

Pinpointing Cycle Length after removal of Implant

Hi all,

This is my first post here and I am after some general advice.

I came off the implant on 15/07/2014, I had what I believed was a breakout bleed between the 25th and 30th July.

Me and hubby decided to ttc after this and I had my first proper AF from the 7-10th August. I was going to use the 7th as day 1 of my cycle but three days later (on the 13th) I have had light bleeding ever since with slight cramping/discomfort.

The bleeding is sometimes pink and then brownish, going back to pink and brownish. I have been using pantyliners ever since but most of the time it's only there when I wipe (sorry for TMI). I only needed to use a pad once but even then, it wasn't much on there.

I am assuming here that my cycle is 28 days but would this bleeding in between be classed as spotting or a period? If I did have to note it as AF, it would mean my last cycle was only 7 days, is this correct???!!!

Or is it just easier to temp and take it from there? This is so confusing, my head hurts, all I want to do is work out when I'm ovulating!!!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I don't know the answer to your questions about the spotting/bleeding, but I was in the same kind of boat about wondering about my cycle lengths, ovulation, etc. after having my Mirena removed. I started using an OPK after my first AF/withdrawal bleeding/whatever you want to call it, and tracked my ovulation successfully that way. I found that my cycle regulated almost immediately afterward, so I'm sure you're on your way to getting back to what was normal for you prior to the implant. Maybe try an OPK??

Good luck!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo