Community post

Discussion

Trying to Conceive for a year, What's the next step?

Hi Ladies,

I and my husband has been married for 3years, and started trying to have our first child last year. I have a very regular cycle 31-34 days and ovulate every month (confirm via clear blue & wondfo ovulation sticks). We have been bding in my fertility window and on the day of the ovulation, without any success for BFP :( Now I have started to think there must be something wrong with one of us.

I need some guidance, as to what would be next step at the doctors' after trying to have a baby for a year without success. Will they refer me to infertility clinic or will they have some sort of testing done and then decide to send me to infertility clinic.

By the way my husband and I both are 31 years old.

Please help me guide.

Thanks!! <3

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi there! I would recommend going to your doctor. My husband and I have been trying for 16 months. I went to my GP in Jan. She sent me for CD21 (7dpo) blood work which all came back normal. She has referred us to a fertility clinic and we have an appointment next month. The just sent me requisitions for more bloodwork (CD3) and an HSG and my hubby has to go for a SA before we go. Good luck to you!

8 years ago

Thank you so much!! I will make an appointment with my GP first and go from there. Good luck to you as well :)

8 years ago • Post starter

My brother and sister-in-law tried for almost 3 years with no success. They both got checked out by doctor's and were told everything was fine. My sister-in-law heard about this supplement called Preg-prep (?) that supposedly helps people get pregnant within a month. She started taking it and after a month she finally got her BFP after trying for 3 years.

Best of luck!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo