Community post

Discussion

TTC, Traveling and the Zika Virus

I have a trip planned for Jamaica in six weeks. Our family booked the trip before the travel advisories about the Zika Virus were released. I have been researching to the best of my abilities online everything one would want to know about the virus. I just got back from my family doctors and I asked him for advice about us traveling to Jamaica while TTC or not using any form of birth control. He couldn't advise me about my travel health risks. His reason being that the recent information about the virus is always changing. My doctor said my travel insurance provider would only refund my trip if I was actually pregnant...

Looking for fellow TTCers to weigh in on the risks of traveling in Zika virus areas. Maybe some strategies to reduce risks? Anyone have to cancel a trip for the same reason? Anyone get clear advise from their doctors about Zika?
Thanks Ladies!

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Not sure if this is helpful... but we just got back from Jamaica yesterday. DH and I both got 1 mosquito bite, so far no symptoms. Doc said to wait 28 days after getting back before trying again (and to use condoms in the meantime), as long as we don't get any symptoms. If either of us get symptoms, it would be much longer. We're waiting the 28 days and then will resume TTC.

8 years ago

Thank you michelle.marie!
Glad to hear someone with similar circumstances.
I read similar recomendations on the cdc webpage too.
Fingers crossed you have no symptoms! There is only one confirmed case so far in Kingston Jamaica.
I should ovulate while I am down there so I think I'm just going to write the next two cycles off at least.

8 years ago • Post starter

Yes I totally agree, wear condoms if you're not pregnant. But if you are pregnant I would exercise extreme caution...like bathing in deet!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo