Community post

Discussion

Pressure from Friends :-(

I already have a 7 year old from a previous relationship so I am very lucky. She suffers from autism and my partner treats her like his own, but we would love nothing more than to have a baby together as well. We have been trying for 6 months and it has been very frustrating to say the least. I suffered a miscarriage etc as well a few years ago.

However, a couple we are friends with and over the weekend, they were talking to our child and she started to say how much she wanted a brother or a sister. They then proceeded to put this on facebook and a group of our friends decided to join in and say how we should "hurry up" and have another baby. I was totally shattered. My partner thinks they were just "having some fun". But I was so humiliated.

I would have expected a certain level of sensitivity from the couple who struggled to get pregnant and had pregnancy loss of their own. I wish there was someone I could talk to or who understood what it was like. I was in floods of tears after it....

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I find it super inappropriate when people ask me when are we going to have children.

They probably did not do that to humiliate you but also people need to learn how to be more sensitive

Unfortunately not everyone gets pregnant right away and some couple struggle with it

I pretend that we are not even trying to have kids right now... the truth is that we have been trying for a while and I have been diagnosed with endometriosis and we are doing our first IUI next month.

Next time just write back that it is a very personal topic and that it is up to you and your significant other and when you are pregnant they will find out. Till then you don't appreciate these comments/questions.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

I agree. I think I just find it bloody rude when people ask whew someone is having kids or when they're getting married. :-/

Also the fact we have been getting upset every month and then this happened just after we got yet another negative.... I think I am just being over sensitive.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo