Community post

Discussion

implantation spotting at 9 dpo

Yesterday at 9 dpo, I had a small amount of brown spotting when I wiped about twice, I'm thinking this may have been implantation spotting. My period is due in a week and I usually don't spot btw periods. I also had a lot of mild cramping on days 8dpo, 9dpo and today at 10 dpo

Wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar?

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi I'm exactly the same 9DPO and on wiping I have tingles of brown , and horrible jiggly cramping ......this never happens to me usually ......and I'm not due AF for another 7 days .. I've had so many other symptoms for the past week and a half .... I feel like I'm going mad!!! Good luck with your testing xxx

User Image

8 years ago

I had more brown spotting (only when I wiped) at about 3 am Sun morning, 11dpo, then it turned into just clear cm, but a lot - similar to when I ovulate. It tapered off by the end of the day and is just watery. All of this is not normal for me. Had a lot of cramping feelings all day Sun, similar to how it feels just before AF. Then no pains today, just a bit of watery cm.

I've had several other new symptoms this month and am wondering what's going on. AF is due Wed or thur. I took a test this morning and neg.

8 years ago • Post starter

Xxlolxxx - good luck to you this month, I know how you feel! Keep me posted!

AF appeared on what would have been DPO 15 :( I guess I just had a lot of spotting this month, which is highly unusual for me.

Sorry to hear at came the spotting could very well have been implantation but for whatever reason it didn't take. If it was you could be extra fertile next month so put your all into it.
Have fun

8 years ago

Thank you, Kerzie, I needed some encouragement. It's been a sad/disappointing week for several reasons other than AF appearing.

I was curious how a failed possible implantation could make one extra fertile the next month? I'd like to hear more about that.

Thank you so much for the e-hug, I needed that!

Hi again, it sounds like you implanted since spotting isn't normal for you. We call this a failed pregnancy or chemical pregnancy. It's like a super early mc which would mean that you have some pregnancy hormones in your system. They say once your body has produced these hormones it is more receptive to getting pregnant again for the next month or two.
You are probably feeling SUPER emotional but at least you can understand why now. Be kind to yourself, unfortunately it happens to most of us but we are unaware unless we are really in tune with our cycles and bodies.
I hope this cycle gives you your good luck xx

sounds like you need them

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo