Community post

Discussion

Am I the only person here ?

Hiya.... 41, worried and the two wait is killing me.
I've just come of the pill and was onot it for 8 years so now I know if leflt it toooo late, my new OH doesn't ha e a child and I long to give him one. I use OPK and all seems okay and once I get a positive OPK I do get pain the following day, my dr dose say it all sounds good but this time 10 years ago I had major fertility issues. I had a stillbirth and 8 miscarriages. I do have a son who is now seven and the light of my life but I long for another baby, for My OH and for us as a family so im very worried to say the least :-(

PLEASE... dont Le me be the only 40 + mother to be as I really need some help and I would also like to support others.

9 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

P1ppa -
You're definitely not the only over 40 momma on here. As a matter of fact, if you jump on the over 40 forum you'll find a lot of us. I just don't post very often as I am trying to not become as obsessed as I have been periodically over the last 4 years. Yes, I've been ttc for over 4 years with my current DH. We also would love to have a child together, even though we have children from previous marriages.
I also am a victim of recurrent miscarriage 5 in the last 4 years, and 2 before when I was younger. I can get pregnant, I simply cannot get that sticky bean! Recntly I had new tests run, and just like before, everything is normal, and I have good egg reserves for a 46 year old. Now I am on progesterone after O, extra vitamin D3, Prenatals, Maca Root, Pregnitude, OPK's and lots of EOD during my fertile week.
I was feeling very depressed after my last miscarriage in March, but with the new Dr and the new plan, there is still hope. That is what we all need.
And if you look on the forum for us AMA moms, you'll see that there are at least half a dozen currently pregnant, or just recent BFP moms on there!
Keep hope in your heart.
Pix

9 years ago

No, you arent alone. I just turned 41, and we have been trying for months. Im feeling hopeful tho. I have had some querky cycles lately. Andim glad i found a Dr that is willing to investigate my unrxplaoed infertility. He has kids and i have an 18 year old som. Bf and i been together 13years,but no children together. .
So im scheduled for a endovaginal US. This week. I did a tsh. Blood test. Snd the Dr plans to to an endometrial biopsy in a couple weeks. So hopefully ill have some long awaited answers! God luck and baby dust to all!

9 years ago

Im almost 45 and have been trying for 6 months. I long for a baby but i know at my age im out! My hubby has kids from a previous marriage but i want one of my own. Every month im hopeful but am always let down when it starts. I havd tried everything and still nothing. Dr says im fine to try but still nothing. Good luck.

9 years ago

I know..... its so hard, I am here in bed crying with period pains knowing im gunna wake up with my period and another month go by with no positive pregnancy test, I do get a LH surge every month but sadly that doesn't mean an egg has been released :-( I can't chart my temperature because I dont sleep ery well so any BBT would be pointless but like I say, im in bed crying, I kno my period is coming and to top it all of and because I know my cycle, my OH isn't going to be here when im next due my LH surge and Possible ovulation :'( when I was talking to him today About ot I cojld see his brain ticking away to see ho he could be but he cant.....

But saying all that, we do need to keep at it and just hope that in time we get our wee little gifts :-) im sure we will.

I dont know what you all do but I carry a wee bag of fertility crystals around with me, I also listern to hypnosis and meditate, yeah, Im a wee bit of a hippy but im off to the Dr on Tuesday as im going to ask for a course of Clomid plus I need to know what impact my OH having Thalssemia Minor would do, he is of spanish heritage.

We should all try and support each other and keep the positive vibs going cuz we all get down at times and just need to winge to someone who understands :-)

9 years ago • Post starter

You should get some Vitamin D3 and take the rcomended daily dose as it is implicated in mc and failure to concieve. Best of luck :)

9 years ago

p1ppa1 - I also have crystals that I carry. So don't think you are too hippie dippie (or I am as well). On second thought, I am a bit new agey about things. I agree that we just have to hold on to hope and be willing to put our trust and faith in the fact that we will get that take-home baby eventually. Even though it feels like the clock is agains us.

Opalfoxy - I was recently diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency and just started supplements. I am hoping it's one of the tricks to a successful BFP!

Brbluther - I definitely know how you feel about trying everything. I swear I have done everything but travel to India and ask a yogi personally when and if I will have a healthy baby! Currently trying acupuncture and TCM herbs along with Pregnitude, Vit. D, Prenatal Vit., Maca Root, baby aspirin, and progesterone after O. Keep on keeping on.....I'm pulling for you!

TTCat40 - Any news on your front?
for us all!
Pix

9 years ago

any updates on you ladies.. i am also over 40 here and i am again ttc..

9 years ago

Hiya All..... well, I yave jo major news after my miscarriage 6 weeks ago but Idid have an LH surge a few days ago and DTD a few times like you do, I am feeling pretty low at the moment and can't seem to snap out of it :-( im currently sat on n the Dr waiting to be seem so lets hope I come out feeling more positive :-)

GOOD LUCK TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU :-D :-D :-D

9 years ago • Post starter

Hello ladies please be positive!I know at times its difficult but it is possible for us all.I am 41 and longing for a lil one.I pray alot n i seem a lil crazy also.But when all is said n done what will happen will happen!Have faith n i bet u will all get what u want out of this journey!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo